Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Summer Kickoff 2009

Can I just say that I had another fabulous weekend! We started our kickoff of summer 2009 with a trip to Utah and Lagoon! It was FANTASTIC! I laughed more this weekend than I did in the entire week. Our adventures are as follows:

Friday – I had a crappy day at work, and I mean crappy! Bless that it was Friday. Clint drove his shiny new car and it was a delight to be rolling in style. We arrived in Salt Lake around 8. Just enough time to hit up the Gateway Mall and do some shopping. I made it to Urban Outfitters, Forever 21, Old Navy in one hour. The mall did close at 9 supposedly. Afterwards we went to Crown Burger ( I love this place, my roommate Nicole introduced it to me while we were in college and I love to go there whenever I am down there), and to Wal-Mart, and then to Katie’s. Now let me say that we got some bad directions so we ended up going past East High School. Good thing, that’s hallowed ground, Zac Efron has set foot there for that is the place of High School Musical. I was so excited!

Saturday – Lagoon time! The last time I frequented that place was 2 years ago, before Austin was married. So it was a great time. Except for the ride Wicked, which is my favorite, was broken down. RUDE! We went on Cliffhanger and Rattlesnake Rapids in the beginning of the day just to get it out of the way. Cliffhanger wasn’t as good as it usually is, they didn’t even hang us upside down. We were done at Lagoon by 6ish, so we left, it was time for PF Changs! I made a reservation because I knew that we would have to wait in line forever if we didn’t, and we just walked right on in. I love that restaurant it’s delish! Afterwards we decided to go to a movie, and we picked Up. Now as of lately I’m not in to cartoons but this was fantastic. I encourage all to see it, and I dare you not to cry! It’s so good. I loved it! That night we were dead tired so we fell asleep as soon as we arrived home!

Sunday – we got up the next morning to drive home because we wanted to make it back to church. Poor Clint drove the whole way home and was dead tired, bless his soul! Church was rough because I was tired. Afterwards we came home had dinner and then prepared for a Team Dunbar reunion. We played Balderdash – a great game indeed! I laughed so much, good times with great friends.

Now back to reality another Tuesday almost gone, I can’t believe that it’s June already. That’s insane!

3 comments:

Fry Family 1217 said...

Oh to be single without responsibilities, go where you want, when you want!!! Sounds FUN!!! CROWN BURGER ROCKS!!!! :)

Party of Five said...

Savanna! I found your blog on facebook. Please tell me about your life. I miss you, girl!
Love ya!
Wendy Vincent- aka the crazy blone across the hall from you during our student teaching nightmare/saga /best days of our lives.

camillajean said...

SAVAAAAAY!!!! YOOOO!!! YOO!!! What's up? Ya I TOTALLY have a blog --- well i'm not very faithful to it .. haha ...but I DO Have one ..lol ... it's too much TIME!! LOL ... haha ... Sounds like you had a super fun Lagoon trip!!!! YAY!!!! :) Lagoon is theee greatest!!!! :) I LOVE the cliff hanger! I am SOOO DISSAPOINTED FOR YOU that it was retarded! LAME-NESS!!!!! Seriously! But YAY for fun times in the sun! :)