Monday, March 24, 2014

Life is all about Perspective (I Think?)...

I used to blog a lot, and I loved it a lot, it was my escape the outside world of work and single life. Two years later I sit at a table, filled with bills, a Bumbo, laundry needing to be done, baby sleeping (at least for these 15 minutes), and Law and Order SVU playing in the background. I used to define my life by the clothes I wore, the purse I carried, how my nails looked, and how many people I could chat or text to during a day. It's crazy to think that my life has done a complete 180. I only talk to my BFF once a week (my fault really it's hard when your lives are in different places and that's OK), I talk to my husband over the sounds of a growling baby, and the TV. Today in my quick shower before Addlee got fussy I laughed because I used to take an hour to get ready in the morning, and now it's a chore to even get ready. I read Jenn's blog about working, about how she wishes she didn't have to work, and now I'm on the other side of that. I don't work, I take care of the house, my husband, and my baby. It really is a different life, and everyday I marvel at my mother who took care of 3 under 3 (blows my mind actually). I also asked my mom this weekend, is it weird to think that you have 5 kids living here, ALL the time? My childhood home seems so big now, it is hard to imagine that we all fit there! We all ate there, and we all showered there, haha!
I realized that I sort of did life backwards, I went to college, I graduated, I worked, I played, spent WAY too much money (I mean seriously why didn't I save all that extra cash), then I fell in love and then became a mom. I see though that it's exactly what I was supposed to do, because I think for me, I would have always wondered how a single working life would be. Well now I know, HA! Anyway, I'm not complaining or anything just some thoughts I had today, how no matter what situation you're in, life is good but life is hard. Trials come no matter your walk of life, no matter if you're rich or poor, single or married, old or young. I realized I worried WAY too much when I was single about silly things, when you become a mom you WORRY all the time (or maybe that's just me haha). So in my little perspective of life here are some cute pictures of my little baby who is growing WAY too fast, I mean seriously didn't I just have her?!
Ready for some Football
Hanging out with the Cousins! I can't believe how big they all are!
Addlee has some crazy hair, seriously every day after every nap it's different!
Getting ready to head to Parma for Spring Break, she is in love with her giraffe. Now I know why it was the #1 selling toy last year!
Love these munchkins, Reece, Liam, Addlee, and Grace
I've saved the best for last, I love this picture. B loves Addlee and she loves him, they definitely love to play a lot!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I love this! Thanks for posting. We really need to get back into it :) Hope you have a great week. Let's facetime soon :) I want to hear about your spring break!

-Jenn

Unknown said...

This was great, it made me feel like I need to more fully enjoy the stage of life i'm in, each stage has it's ups and downs:) you're a great examples savanna!