Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Waiting Game

Well here we are, the school year is almost over and here we sit... waiting... Waiting to see where we will be in the summer because B doesn't have an internship yet. Can I just say I loathe the waiting game? Especially coming from someone who has to plan out the next 10 years of her life. It just never really works out that way all the time. My faith has been tested a LOT lately... I don't know how we are going to live this summer, where we are going to live even, so yeah you can say I'm just a little worried. Worry I also loathe that word. I read somewhere that Satan loves to make people worry, because then that takes the control away from God. Control, another awesome word... haha! My baby has taught me a lot about control. Right now she's totally in control of my life, she dictates when I sleep, eat, and even run errands. I love her though. Whoa I'm getting way off track, all my jumbled thoughts coming out of my head.
B started his new job a couple of weeks ago and we are so grateful that he has that at least. Even though it's a night job, and it makes me feel like I'm a single mom, we would be homeless without it. I told him that when Addlee is a teenager and complaining about how "hard" her life is, he can tell her what he had to go through while getting his Masters. B works so hard, so we are most grateful for those weekends!
Addlee is growing into a spunky precious little girl. At 6 months old she has 2 little teeth. She weighs 17 pounds and is in the 75th percentile for weight and 98 percentile for height. So she's tall and chunky haha! She rolls everywhere, and eats pretty good. She has a little voice that is so cute, and she's overall a happy baby. We just got her 6 month old pictures done and she's a cutie. I cannot wait for the summer, so we can play outside and in the water!
Easter was so fun, I made a ham for the first time and it turned out great! We went over to our friend's house for an Easter egg hunt, dinner, and a bonfire. Addlee hasn't been outside much since she's been born because it hasn't been exactly warm. So she wasn't exactly thrilled to be outside in the woods (who can blame her really), so she was content to sit on my lap the ENTIRE day.
Oh and my other big news, I just got called to be 1st counselor in the Young Women's, so maybe that's why we are supposed to stay here this summer? We only have 10 girls in our ward, so nothing like Parma. I am excited though, I love the youth!
OK now that this is officially a random post here are some updated pictures of our life!
So B and I got to go out on our first date post baby last weekend (I know crazy right?) We only have a short window since my baby refuses to drink out of a bottle, so we just had dinner...
At the restaurant where we ate you can write on the table, so my husband asked me to marry him again, haha! Then we wrote down all the significant dates of our lives together... Bless!
We bought this dress the day we found out we were having a girl. It finally fits our little girl! Spunky little thing!
I was painting my nails, and Addlee's toenails and apparently I still had wet nails because I got some on her nails!
Chillin'... these two are crazy!
I love how happy she is! Well unless she's tired!
Addlee's Easter Dress, I love having a little girl to dress up!
Doesn't quite know what to do around a campfire!
Our Easter crew!
Drinking out of a water bottle, sort of...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So happy to hear of your new journey as a mom and wife. It is the hardest job you will ever have.

It is hard to be alone, especially when you have small children. Lee was gone for months, literally MONTHS at a time, with the Navy. Our kids were small and a great deal of the time, it was very hard and I felt like the single mom. You guys will be fine!

Doubt comes from Satan. I love the quote from a member of the quorom of the twelve that said...when doubt creeps into your mind, tell it to go to hell, because that is where it came from!

Unknown said...

808 24695965