Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Star Valley and Island Park!

Once again I’ve found myself playing catch up! It’s been an exhausting 2 weeks, and yesterday I slept close to 12 hours because of it. I went to bed straight after work and didn’t wake up until the next morning. Ok so get ready because this is going to be the condensed version. I mostly have 2 events to share – Cabinextravaganza and my Island Park Adventures. Here we go!

Cabinextravaganza:
Our dear Lola was leaving on her mission to go to Ukraine so we packed our bags and headed to Star Valley for the night. There were going to be a lot of people at Lola’s house so we decided to rent a cabin or something because it would be easier. There happened to be 6 of us that needed accommodating, Me, Sarah, Clint, Katie, June, and her boyfriend Brenton. So I searched the internet for hotels and there really isn’t anything, so I found this cabin so named “The Silver Stream Lodge”. I called and reserved the “family” cabin which is supposedly big enough for 5 and a little squishy with 6, never mind that is costs $120. Anyway, so we pack up and make our way to Star Valley (the night before Sarah and I went camping with her family’s ward in Aberdeen so we were already lacking sleep). When we get to our cabin we see small little rundown cabin, with water fowls on a comforter. Here we have Clint posing in our humble little cabin #2

We laughed forever on how tiny it was, with all six of us in there we barely could close the door. That night we played a great game of Would you Rather and just enjoyed being in our little baby cabin. Here we are posing outside #2


Anyway, it was so good to see Lola. She’s going to be a fantastic missionary.



Here are we are, me and my two besties outside the square ice cream shop on our way to Star Valley!



Island Park Adventures:


Alright now on to this past weekend. It was so much fun, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. My old branch was having an activity up in Island Park at our old Stake President’s cabin. So we decided to crash the party! Sarah, John, Me, and Alex left Rexburg around 2ish and made our way to Island Park which is only about an hour away or so. It’s beautiful up there, and only 30 minutes away from Yellowstone! So we arrived at this huge, and I mean HUGE cabin. It’s 3 stories with 7 bedrooms, 9 bathrooms, a theater room, right on the lake with jet skis and boats. Everything you would ever want, they had it (oh and don’t forget the hot tub!)



So we get there and decide to get our swimming suits on. I was downstairs waiting for Alex when he came up looking this, he called it his Chitty Chitty Bang Bang outfit. I was laughing pretty hard!



We make our way down to the dock to jump on a boat and go on this banana thing, which is probably the hardest thing EVER to stay on. Then we transitioned to the tube finally and Alex was so funny. I think deep inside he wants to be a race car driver or something because he just kept yelling FASTER! We then hopped on the Jet Skis, which are hard to drive at first, and zoomed across the water. John and Sarah went together and he dumped her going at 45 mph. So because of that accident she will have bruised ribs for another 4 weeks, SICK! Alex and I managed to stay on our and it was quite delightful, we had a great time and boated until it got dark.


Once again we played our favorite game of Would You Rather and sat by the campfire. We had a good chat until it was time to go to bed (we’ve got curfew around these parts, no shenanigans for us!)


The next morning people were boating by 6 in the a.m! So we went down got some breakfast and then got back on the boats. Now let me tell you, I’m sort of a boat snob, I only trust certain individuals. So we were on a tube when this boat (a member of our Branch Presidency I might add) was not even 10 feet from us, if we would have fallen off we would have been chopped up in a million pieces. We wanted land and STAT! So we got back to shore and decided to play on the slippin slide that was set up on the hill. It was a great time, and we played until our hearts content. Then on to another boat where Clint and I both wakeboarded. That’s right, I stood up, I might have crashed right after but I stood up and I was so proud of myself.



It was time to leave so we headed back to shore were we packed up and headed up the road a little to a place called Big Springs where the water comes straight out of the mountain. The water was SO clear and cold. But we enjoyed it because we were all sun burnt. After that we made our way up to West Yellowstone to go to the Playmill. Which is a little theater that puts on some great musicals. One of them being Footloose. I loved it! By then we were so exhausted we headed home and straight to bed.

It has been a crazy couple of weeks, I had to jam pack everything in! I’m so blessed to have great friends and great adventures! I don’t want my summer to end, I can’t believe it’s already almost August!

3 comments:

NelliePrice said...

uh how was I unaware of the fact that you have a blog? What is my deal? I'm glad that you had so much fun in island park and Yellowstone. i was sad that I didn't get to see more of you guys. I really want to come up and hang out soon!!! I lost my phone so I'll need your number again.

Emily said...

Looks like a good time! How are you doing?! Hey I am adding you to my blog list. Hope you don't mind! :)

Melissa said...

Alex & his Chitty Chitty Bang Bang oufit! oh he's so darling!!! what a blessed reunion this was for us!!