Monday, August 10, 2009

Are you American?

I swear that I do other things within the week, not just the weekends. I just seem only to blog about my happenings in the weekends. This weekend though seemed to be pretty mellow. Friday I met up with Sarah and Clint and we went shopping (of course that’s what we do best) and then to eat at CafĂ© Rio. That place is heavenly. Sarah went home for the weekend so Clint and I decided to go to a movie, choice being GI Joe. Oh Channing Tatum so was so delish! I could stare at him ALL day. The movie was good too! We were supposed to go boating on Saturday but thanks to Eastern Idaho weather, it was a warm 68 degrees. So we postponed that trip until the 18th! I decided that I better do some laundry and clean my house up a little. Little unknown fact about me, I love, I mean love, the show COPS! I tivo it, that’s how much I love it. Everyone makes fun but I don’t care, I just love it. So I watched that and cleaned up. Melissa called me with some unfortunate news so I decided I would go back down to I.F. to see her. Clint and Tenille decided to come along so we went to the mall (again more shopping, and again more fabulousness!), we also went to Johnny Carino’s (yum!). Then off to Melissa’s where we met Alex and Bridgette. A delightful little gathering and just chatted it up. Sunday I made a pot roast and Clint, Tenille, Nellie, Alex, and Bridgette all came over. It was so good! My husband will be very lucky to have me as a cook! We then started talking about movies, you cannot be an American unless you’ve seen the following flicks:

Sound of Music
Mary Poppins
Singing in the Rain
My Fair Lady
Gone with the Wind (even though I dislike this film, you’ve still gotta sit through all billion hours of it)
Casablanca (another classic, but I find it boring)
Parent Trap (the original)
Any John Wayne film
Any of the classic Disney’s (such as Little Mermaid, Lion King, etc…)

So we watched Parent Trap as that is on the list and only 3 of us had seen it! Good times! Did I miss any movies? Please feel free to add!

1 comment:

MegEddins said...

The Wizard of Oz should be added to that list. I was shocked when one of my roommates had not seen this classic!