Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tournaments and Yellowstone

Well let's see. The 9th Annual Tom Sherwood Golf Tournament went off successfully. I'm so glad that it's over. Granted we still have the finishing up work to do, but it's over. I worked really hard to make it a successful event, and I feel like everyone was pleased and had a great time. We also raised $14,000 to contribute to our scholarship fund. Summer goes by way too fast I have to say. This past weekend my sister Maddie came up and we went camping in Island Park on Friday night. In which three of us slept on an air mattress that deflated in the middle of the night. Oh camping! It was a good time though. The next day we wanted to get some sun so we decided to go to Yellowstone and go swimming in Firehole. SO FUN! The water from the geysers drains into the river making the river warm and enjoyable on a hot summer day. We would jump into the rapids and float the river down. We then went to Old Faithful and the Yellowstone Grand Canyon. I didn't take any pictures during this leg of the trip. Maddie has all those pictures, so as soon as I get those I'll post them. We saw a lot of animals, and of course tourists who thought these animals are in a petting zoo. We had a lot of fun though, and that evening we were SO tired.
Maddie at the antique show with her awesome broach
Baby tent
Big Springs
We totally didn't mean to wear the same color of shirt
See the moose? That was on our nature hike
Mountain spring water!
I can't believe the summer is more than half over. ICK! Life still hasn't slowed down at all, and work is busier than ever. I'm still currently homeless come August 14th. Still on the whole Apartment hunting thing, hopefully something will turn up. That's what keeps me up at night mostly. I do however think I have a new RS presidency set up and that will help me ease a little of my stress. Life is good, I'm so blessed, hooray for fun!

No comments: