Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Miracles

Miracles happen every day, but it seems that I notice them more during Christmas, probably because the reason for the season is a miracle in itself. Anyway, this weekend Sarah and I ventured down to Salt Lake City. I really wanted to see Jenn and I really wanted her help in shopping for some Christmas gifts for my family (since she's like pretty much family). So we left after work and after a brief stop in Moreland, we were on our way. Jenn and I caught on some gossip (per usual) and then went to bed, we had a BIG day ahead of us. We decided to be out the door by 9:00 (to beat the holiday rush at the Sandy mall). Christmas Miracle #1 – a better than Handicapped spot by Macy's! Hooray! There were some awesome deals and we spent a good amount of time in Forever 21 because it's amazing. I decided to stop by Pac Sun to just look at the guy clothes, and Jenn found this awesome present for someone in my family (since most of the read my blog I cannot disclose who it will be going to), but I couldn't bring myself to spend $40 on it. After much thought though, I decided it was perfect and went up to the cashier with the rest of my items in hand. When my total WITH TAX popped up on the screen it said $40.84, Jenn and I looked at each other like "was that on sale?"… there weren't any signs around it or anything. So I hurried and bought the items and we both RAN out of the store before the clerk told us that there was an error. Christmas Miracle #2 – I saved $30 total at that store by whatever reason, clerks mistake or what, definitely a miracle. The mall was starting to get packed so we decided to get out of there before we went crazy, so lunch at Sweet Tomatoes (why doesn't IF have one?) and then on to Gateway. Christmas Miracle #3- parking there is insane, and hard to find. We went into the parking garage trying to find something when we spot this car waiting for a pick-up to reverse, I told Jenn, "I don't think that pick-up is going anywhere", so the car in front of us moved and what do you suppose, the pick-up started to reverse and we got a SWEET spot! Delightful! We spent a good deal of time in Urban because that store has some CRAZY cool things (like an extend-o-fork) and just walked around. Good people watching at the Gateway, and we thoroughly wore ourselves out. We then met up with Sarah and Katie for our Christmas Miracle #4 – a backstage look at the Conference Center, and our own personal tour guide on Temple Square. It was really awesome, that is one thing that should be on everyone's bucket list. Katie then took us to an Indian restaurant that was SO GOOD. I loved it! We arrived home very tired, but happy nonetheless! Sunday was delightful, and I'm glad I got to see Jenn and just spend some one-on-one time with her. I think we BOTH needed it! That is my Christmas Miracle #5!

PS – Some other things I learned this weekend:
Coffee shops are cool, sugar free Italian Sodas are gross, Indian guys are cute (some) and think that black licorice is an alcoholic drink, you'll always see someone you know on Temple Square it's inevitable, a lot of work goes into to making sure Temple Square is ready for Christmas, the bums at Temple Square are really well off, sometimes shopping is better when you have someone to do it with, it's ok to feel overwhelmed and stressed out sometimes, and life is about making yourself happy….
Jenn & I at the beautiful red tree
Beautiful!
I just love it!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Amen Sister! Amen to all of the above. Especially the Indian part. Cute boys and dang good food. yay for lamb vindaloo :)

I'm so glad that you were able to come down. I love spending time with you.

Thanks for a great weekend and for Christmas Miracles :)