Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Sister Blaylock

The time has come, I had to say goodbye to my dearest sister Mariah as she will be leaving tomorrow on her mission. Holy cow! Her talk was one of the best I've ever heard from anyone, you can find it on her blog:


I was put in charge of updating her blog while she is gone, so I'll be posting letters and pictures and all that fun stuff. When I have siblings leave on missions its always a bittersweet feeling you know? I'm so proud of her and the decisions that she's made, but I also feel selfish because I'm going to miss her so much. When she comes back I probably won't be living in Rexburg, so it is like an end of an era sort of. See I'm already crying... ugh! It was actually not as bad saying goodbye to her yesterday in my house, I shed a few tears and then I rushed out the door. When we said goodbye to my brothers it was at the MTC and I bawled forever! Anyway, I'm going to miss her so much, and it won't be the same without her around, but the people of Georgia are going to love her and her sweet spirit and personality! 

We had a great weekend, we played a lot of games and hung out with family. We laughed a lot and reminisced and enjoyed spending our last few moments with Mariah. 

I'm so grateful for my family, and for Mariah's choice to serve others and share knowledge of something that I love so dearly. I can't wait to hear her stories and see how her life will change. God be with you till we meet again Ry. I love you so much!

No comments: