Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My 2012

Since I’ve now done this the past two years I’ve got to keep with the tradition right?! I mean what would 2012 be without recapping it? Hello, my world changed drastically this past year, and I love how much I learned and how much I loved every moment of it. So here we go!

1 . What did you do in 2012 that you've never done before? 
Well the biggest thing is that I got married… Hello! I’ve never done that before, so I moved into a house with a boy, and now I share all of my things with him! I also got my first real diamond!
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did, I cut up my credit cards Jan. 1st and I’m proud to say I didn’t use one of them at all this year. Super hard to budget my money, but it’s totally been a blessing! I also paid off my car, and made a significant dent in my student loans! I didn’t get on an airplane this year or go on a cruise, but I have a feeling 2013 will be much different!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Both of my sisters-in-law did! Hooray for Grace and Reece!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No thank goodness!
5. What countries did you visit?
I mostly stayed in American this year. HA!
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Faith, I’m pretty sure I say this every year, but I always need more of it. And Patience.
7. What date from 2012 will remain etched in your memory and why?
March 22nd I got engaged. September 6th Brycen and I got married. Woohoo!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting married, ha! Does that count as an achievement? Paying off my car made me super happy!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Sad to say I fell off the bandwagon with my diet, uh rude. That’s changing!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I caught the flu in January, but thank goodness I was pretty healthy! We did get in a car wreck this year, but thank goodness we are all alive and well!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Photographer for my wedding. That’s something I’m so glad I invested in, I look at all of my pictures and love them all! B and I also bought a new car!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I had a rough summer, I went through a lot and was alone for a lot of it, but B was always there on the phone. Bless him. My family and BFF also were great supports!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The first part of the year was a little rough for B and me but obviously we worked it out. I have a couple of co-workers who did some pretty shady things that make it hard to even look them in the eye, I guess just part of life right?!
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, our wedding, and Dairy Queen… haha!
15. What did you get really, really, REALLY excited about?
Getting engaged, getting married duh! Oh and every weekend when B would come home in the summer!
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Anything Adele.  I Won’t Give Up – Jason Mraz, Boyfriend – Justin Bieber, and One Direction!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier? – Yes
Thinner? – No
Richer? - No
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Sleeping – again the whole having to say goodbye to your significant other every night is super overrated, ugh!
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Stressing. I stressed about a lot of things this year, I’m pretty sure some of my hair fell out!
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family of course, everyone was there and it was so fun. I loved every minute
21. How will you spend New Year's Eve?
With B and his extended family, I’m missing the bowling and Chuck-A-Rama because of work, but I’m sure there will be game playing!
22. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Yes I did. It’s crazy how much you can love a person. Being married is totally awesome (and I hope I don’t sound all mushy either).
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Modern Family, Once Upon a Time, Revenge, Mob Wives, and American Idol
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
There are definitely people who have chosen not to be a part of my life anymore, I guess it takes a conscience effort to stay involved in someone’s life. One of my goals this year is to be a better friend!
25. What was the best book you read in 2012?
Divergent and Gone Girl… loved them both!
26. What was your biggest musical discovery?
One Direction. Honestly love them! And Adele, she’s freaking blows my mind.
27. What did you want and get?
A husband.
28. What did you want and NOT get?
A raise.
29. What was your favorite film of the year?
I loved Les Mis! Batman and The Avengers were pretty awesome too!
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old did you turn?
My husband and I were celebrating our honeymoon and my birthday in Utah. Thanks to Jenn for our wedding present! I spent the day at Lagoon!
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I don’t know, I had a pretty fantastic year… money?!
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Skinny jeans, colored jeans, and belted dresses!
33. What kept you sane?
God, Prayer, Family, iPhone, BFF’s, and of course my B!
34. What celebrity did you fancy the most?
Fancy? Zac Efron hands down. Channing Tatum made a surprising entrance in 2012 too!
35. What news story stirred you the most?
Sandy Hook shootings, and the election
36. Who did you miss?
My family, I always miss them and Jenn. I missed B when he lived in Twin.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
I gained a whole new family so that’s pretty great, along with kids!
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012:
Things always find a way of working out. It’s crazy how much my summer was turmoil, I mean for a time there I didn’t even know if we could married. But having faith and just knowing that everything will work out…
39. Favorite play you saw:
Sadly I didn’t even see one play this year…
L
40. What is your goal for 2013?

Help B get into graduate school, continue to get out of debt, start a family, travel, and continue to be happy!
2013 is going to great I can feel it, our life is going to change drastically and I know that’s scary but also pretty awesome. 2012 was life changing, everything about it. I learned what it truly means to care about someone more than yourself. I’m ready for a new year of memories, experiences, challenges, and of course laughter. Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I think 2013 is going to be great for you!! I can feel it too:) love you!!

Jessica said...

I can't believe our class reunion didn't make it on your unforgettable from 2012 list. :) So glad you guys are doing great. Love ya Sav!