Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Summer in Spokane (so far)...

I've started and stopped this blog post way too many times! It seems just as I start to get on a roll a baby wants my attention or I get side tracked! (As a type this my laptop beeps at me to be plugged in, so I have to stop and find that cord, haha) Anyway, the summer is already half over, what the heck?! I mean it's the beginning of July so it's early summer but still, June is gone, holy moly.  So good news first, Brycen got an internship out at Lincoln Hospital at Davenport (which is about 45 minutes outside of Spokane), so here we are spending the lovely summer here. So far it has been great, even though Addlee and I never really see him, because he works at his internship during the day and works at his other billing job at night. Bless his soul for being an amazing husband and wanting to support his family. I know it's hard and it is a lot of driving, but we are making it work. I am grateful for his willingness to work so hard. I don't think we have ever prayed as hard as we have this summer. I know some day we will look back at this time in our life and see all the miracles and blessings that have been handed to us, it's just hard to see them all when you are in the thick of it. We are blessed to have an amazing support system, and of course the gospel. It seems when all hope is gone, something turns up and it works out for that week. So you just keep plugging along and thanking God for one more day!

We are blessed to have our baby Addlee. She is growing like a weed, and she has started to develop her little personality. She's started crawling, and pulling herself to stand. She's a really happy baby and loves to laugh. I'm excited to spend the summer in the water with her! She is at that stage where she doesn't like strangers, and she cries when Brycen leaves for work. It is sad but cute too. It really freaked me out when I went to get her from her nap and found this:
So cute though. In May my parents and baby sister Maddie came up to visit. It was a cold weekend, darnit, but we still had fun, we went to Coeur d'Alene to see the lake. We didn't spend much time there since it was freezing, but B and I have plans to go and swim this summer sometime! We also got to go to Parma for Memorial Day weekend and that was fun too as always, I'm so excited to see my new niece (who is due to arrive any day now), we got to see my Aunt Sabrina and Uncle Rick who I lived with in Orlando, and it was so good to see them! Brycen had never met them, so it was super fun. On the way home we decided to drive through Riggins and up Highway 95. It was a beautiful drive, I sure love Idaho! We even stopped in Pullman so we could look at WSU! Brycen felt his Cougar pride, haha!

A couple weeks ago our friends the Nielsen's were moving to Seattle area and needed some help, so we said we would help them move and go see my Uncle Matt. It was a great weekend, we helped them move in, spent time with our family, had some amazing food, were tourists for a day, and Brycen got to see his Red Sox play at Safeco Field. He was pretty excited to see them finally, one day we will see them at Fenway! On our way home we stopped to see Tajia and Parker. They are so big too, and loving summer. We got to spend a couple hours, and B played some baseball with them but we had to leave so B could get to work. We will have to go back soon! Now we have so many people to visit!

My little sister Mariah will be home off her mission in a month, a MONTH! I miss her so much, and I can't wait. We are all counting down the days until she's home, her mission I think has changed our entire family because she's been through a great deal while serving.

Another blessing is that we finally sold our Volvo! Wahoo!! It was sad to say goodbye but not really, I'm all for not having a car payment! Thanks to my amazing parents they are letting us borrow their truck until we can get something to replace it. Tender mercy for sure! Don't worry we still have Pearl and she's a champ!

Anyway, I cannot believe it is time for the 4th of July already, I love love love this holiday, and even though we are in a new city for it, I'm sure we can still find some good fun! You know my new motto, being grateful no matter what situation is, and you know what, it actually works!! Now for some pictures of our adventures, crazy how time is flying by!
We got Addlee her 6 month old pictures, haha this one just made me giggle!
We went to Wicked, just as amazing the 2nd time and B loved it too!
Look at those goof balls, here is my family on the tram overlooking the Spokane Falls
Goodbye Volvo!
Hyrum and Gracie, pretty much twins...
Go Cougs!
Enjoying the warm weather!
Crawling around at Matt and Mary's, so much more room than our tiny apartment!
Seeing Tajia and Parker! 
This is Addlee and she loves to climb, especially all over me!
Enjoying the fine things in life!
Go Red Sox
Safeco Field
First time at the Pool, she seriously loved it, already a little fish!

No comments: