Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Birthday Week 2009

Ok I’ve been 25 for one week, I feel so different (ha ha!). Mostly because I realized this past week how much I really am loved. First lets start with my party and then I’ll explain about my weekend:

GLAM PARTY ‘09















I think I’ve mentioned here before that I painted a fence along with Sarah, Melissa, Clint, and Tenille to have this party extravaganza. It was worth every hour on those Saturdays I might add too! I only worked half of a day on my birthday and then headed over to Austin Kade for Nellie to do my hair. She dyed it and did an up do. Oh it was so fantastic, I love her, and I’m so happy with the way my hair turned out! Then I met Melissa at Snake River Landing where we set up our flowers and dinner etc… Off to Rexburg. Where I met up with Sarah of course and she gave me the movie Guys and Dolls and a Maurices gift card (lovely). We finished getting ready and then the Hummer stretch limo was there to pick us up!! I was so excited! We then met everyone at Jenn’s apartment, and everyone looked AMAZING! Dressed to the nine’s and everything, it was great!! We toasted in the limo and then made our way to Idaho Falls, there we ate Fongs Chinese food, had a fashion show, a Beyonce dance contest and of course took pictures! It was a great time! I’ll never forget it, probably the best birthday ever! Oh and I almost forgot, my friends all pitched in and got me a new DIGITAL CAMERA!! I love them! When we got back to Rexburg we went up to Jenn’s house and I had Cocoa Bean cupcakes for my cake, and opened more presents, I’m seriously so blessed!!
















Monica and I - We celebrated my birthday together for the first time EVER!

















 



















Sarah, Me, Melissa!















MAKE IT OFFICIAL
So since I turned 25 I also decided to make a big step and go through the temple. On Thursday night Hyrum and I headed down to Utah to meet the rest of our family in Bountiful, Utah. The next morning at 7 in the a.m. my mom and I went to the Bountiful Temple and then the rest of my family met us for the 8:30 session. What an experience, one that I will never forget, so I’m now an official Mormon, ha ha!! My cousin also got married that same day and that was really cool to see too! Then we headed to Provo because we all had tickets to the BYU Football game vs. Utah State. It was a good time, and my dad and brothers are huge BYU fans so they thoroughly enjoyed themselves. We spent the rest of the weekend hanging out with Austin and Kenzie, it was a great weekend indeed!























I’m just so blessed to have a great family, and great friends. Thanks to everyone who made it one of the best times EVER!

5 comments:

Emily said...

That looks like a good time! Happy birthday!! And congrats on going through the temple. I miss you!

Party of Five said...

Oh my gosh- I'm so excited that you went through the temple! What a great birthday present! That's amazing, congrats! And, if you're ever in SLC, give me a call and we can do a session:)
-Wendy

Jessica said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday! That's great that you went through the temple! Glad things are going well, maybe we can hook up over Thanksgiving?? I'll be in Parma the entire week...:)

Savanna said...

Jess, for sure!! I haven't seen you in ages, or your kids for that matter!!

Wendy - I would love to see you, it's been WAY too long!!

monica said...

yay! that was a fun and eventful birthday celebration. thank you so much! congrats on going to the temple. what a great new step in life you are taking.