Monday, October 11, 2010

Faith

Wow, I haven't blogged for awhile. Sorry about that. I'm still feeling crappy, and it's definitely a trial of my faith. I've have trials, but this one seems to be one of the biggest ones I've ever struggled with.  For starters when Heavenly Father wants you to learn something, He REALLY wants you to learn something.  For me it's been the following things:
a. Faith - this is probably the biggest, I've never felt hopeless before this said event in my life, I could never really sympathize with anyone who felt that, but take it from me I've felt it. Having the feeling that prayers aren't being answered or that blessings aren't working isn't fun. Well quite frankly it's what Satan wants you to feel, and he's RUDE! I mean there have been times in the past couple of months that I've felt so alone, and no one is there. No fun, and really I can't imagine living a life like that. It takes a lot of soul searching and a lot of time on the knees, and I still don't think I'm there, YET.
b. It's OK to ask for help. I'm RSP and there is NO way I could have done half of my church callings without my counselors, they have helped me in so many ways, and they are so understanding.
c. Happiness is choice. I've heard this so many times, but really never understood it because well I've always been healthy and happy, but now, I know. I know that even if you are so tired and in so much pain being grumpy isn't going to solve anyones problem.  When we are happy, others are happy, and seriously it could be a WHOLE lot worse (that's really hard for me to say, because well I don't think so, but I know so!)
Don't worry I'm still trekking on, who knows how long I'll feel bad, or how long this trial will last, but it's about the end result, and how I deal with it. I have been promised to make a full recovery and that is what I have faith in, and what I cling to.

No comments: