Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Must be December!

This weekend was pretty chill which was great we went to B’s cousin’s basketball game, and watched Christmas movies, and homework. It’s that time of year and I’m determined to show B every Christmas out there. So far I've educated him on Charlie Brown’s Christmas, How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the Jim Carrey version), A Christmas Story, and Christmas Vacation (ok so he had already seen this one, but it’s a classic). He still needs to see a White Christmas, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, and It’s a Wonderful Life. He thinks I’m pretty cheesy for loving everything about Christmas, but two nights ago during our FHE he gave a great lesson about Christmas so I think he’s starting to see how you need to celebrate it EVERY day. HA!

Lately we've been stressed, just about life and its ups and downs. Don’t get me wrong we recognize how blessed we are, sometimes though you just have to go through trials to make yourself better, or to learn how to handle situations differently, or most importantly learning to sacrifice and be patient. Anyway, we both haven’t been sleeping the best, so when I came home from work Monday I saw this:
B sound asleep. I mean don’t get me wrong there are plenty of times I fell asleep doing my homework but I thought it was so funny because the couch is literally like 5 feet away. Bless! He’s almost done with the semester, then we will only have 2 semesters left and he’s done, I can’t believe it! He took 18 credits this semester so he’s definitely ready for a break come Christmas time. I sure love him and I’m grateful for how hard he works, at the current moment I think he has a 4.0!

Things at work are picking up, Christmastime in our busiest time of the year, so it’s nice to come home from work and just chill with B. I am excited for Christmas this year because we are all going to be in Parma. It’s going to be so fun, and we get to spend a whole week at home and I’m truly grateful for that too. If you haven’t recognized it yet, I just love this time of year and all the hustle and bustle that comes with it. Hooray for December and Christmas!

No comments: