Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Funeral, Wedding, Volleyball, Homecoming

This weekend I had the chance to go home and see one of my childhood friends get married and also attend a funeral for a great uncle. I also got to ride down and back with Jenn. I loved it, we seriously could talk for hours, and I miss her already. Good thing she's coming up for my birthday festivities!! The funeral was good, and I got to see family which is always a plus. I didn't think I would be as emotional as I was, but it's just hard to see people that you love have to go through things like that I guess. Friday night was the Parma High School Homecoming game. Good times! Parma won the game in a thriller, with only 30 seconds left. Needless to say I was jumping up and down (not a good idea considering my health condition). My parents then flew out to NYC early the next morning. I'm so jealous they get to there. Someday… Anyway, so I was officially babysitter for my 15 year old sister and the foreign exchange student Izzy who is living at our house (from Germany, nonetheless!). Anyway, Friday morning Jamie got married. It was a beautiful sealing, and I was emotional. Just because well, I've known her my entire life, and I'm so happy for her! I'm so glad she made it there! We stayed and took some pictures, and then I went home and went to watch Maddie play in her JV volleyball tourney. It was good to see her play I haven't had the chance in like 2 years. After her tournament we went home and I had to help Izzy get ready for the Homecoming dance. Luckily there was enough dresses in our house so she could have her pick on which ones she wanted to wear. She wants the entire "American" experience so hello, Homecoming dance. She's funny. So I went to Jamie's reception, the food was delish I mean hello tri-tip… YUM! Then I raced back home to help Izzy with her hair and take pictures. Her date brought her a corsage and she was pretty funny about it. She's like what is this? I'm supposed to wear flowers on my wrist? Haha, I loved it, and she looked great! By then I was so exhausted I laid down and feel asleep until the "kids" came home. I think I did pretty well for playing mom for one night, the "kids" were home before curfew! Here are some pics of the wedding!
Hooray for love!
Her dress was amazing, and she's super happy
Friends since birth...
Jenn and I - we can never have too many pics together!

1 comment:

Kimbra! said...

I am disappointed...no pics of the homecoming dress! Jump on it :)