Monday, August 27, 2012

From Miss to Mrs.

Sadly this is the only picture I personally took of my bridal shower. My mom and sisters took the rest. It was a really fun time, and I love the all the people from Parma that came. OK and relatives NOT living in Parma. It was mostly women who have helped raise me or been my church leaders, or friends, and of course family. It turned out really fun, Mackenzie and Emma made food, as well as my grandma, mom, and Mariah. Emma did a "how well do you know Brycen game" and I got all of them right! Booyah. Ok so he missed one because he said my celebrity crush was Justin Bieber. Uh, really?! Everyone knows it's Zac Efron and Channing Tatum. I was like, um yeah I like his music but I would never DATE him. HA! Oh well. For the most part though it was fun to eat, and chat and see all the fun things I can use for my wedding. I had a great time!

I just kept thinking, oh wow this is so weird, this is my own shower. I've been to so many bridal showers I can't even name them, but it was great that it was actually my own! Sort of one of those "whoa this is crazy" moments.

I'm trying not to be overwhelmed, but I get more annoyed because I can't help my family back in Parma. I feel guilty that they are doing all the hard work and I'm here at work in Rexburg, and can't do as much as I would like. I sure am blessed to have amazing parents who know how important this day is to me. They've worked so hard (and so has the rest of my family) to make sure I'm happy and that's so great. I also have a lot of great friends too who are so willing to help and some even let me have another reception in their back yard, it makes my heart full... and I get emotional just thinking about it. Blessed indeed.

So we are 10 days away. Still a lot is needing to get done, but I get to take all next week off and that will help a lot. AH! It's crazy! So exciting too, beyond exciting really, it's awesome!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Congrats Savanna! I'm sure your big day will be amazing.