Monday, October 8, 2012

Conference and Yellowstone...

I had seriously a great weekend! My parents, Maddie, and her BF Fletcher came up this weekend to visit us! It was a lot of fun, but we were sure busy! My parents arrived late Thursday night, and I was so tired I really didn’t get to spend a lot of time with them, but it was so great to have them here, at my house! How delightful!
Friday I got off work early and headed home to my mom faithfully chopping tomatoes for some homemade canned salsa. OMG. I love that stuff. I helped her out of course, with the chopping and then just caught up with her and Maddie and all of the Parma gossip per usual. My mom and I took a trip to Porters because well, it’s only the best craft store! Plus all of their Halloween stuff was half off, so hello! A good time with my mom per usual. That night we all went out to eat at Craigos and it was fun, since it is a buffet we had to get every time of pizza and then my mom would just take a bite of each. Family style for sure! It was fun though, and then we came home and watched some BYU football and finished canning our salsa.
 Ry enjoying Craigos!
Saturday we woke up and watched a little bit of conference (how great is the lowering of the mission age), and then piled up in the Denali and made our way to Yellowstone. It was a bit cold outside already when we left, but you know Yellowstone is the top of the mountains so it was freezing, but the sun was shining and it was beautiful up there. The fall is totally a different sort of place up there. We saw buffalo and elk, and still a lot of dumb tourists who get way too close to wild animals. B even got warned (by another tourist) that if he continued to call the female elk he would get a $500 harassing fine. HA! We thought that was super funny. Mariah kept us entertained with her stories of things she found on the internet (people check out the Illuminati, Mariah swears it’s real), and B had some great stories of when he used to work up there. B was also introduced to the Blaylock family road trip games and singing, lots of singing. I think he thought we were sort of weird because my mom raised us on all of these crazy songs, but now I think he has come around. It was a super fun day, and we even had a picnic (even if I couldn’t feel my fingers)! Old Faithful was a delight, and at the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone we met a strange man, who never really quite told us why he perched on the edge of the cliff. It was good to make our way home and just relax.
 All the kids loaded up!
 These are my favorite part about Yellowstone...
 Freezing cold Old Faithful!
Mariah... weirdo!
 Oh hey!
 The infamous "Elk"
 The Grand Canyon of Yellowstone
 Maddie and Fletcher
My adorable husband!
Guess where we are?!
I love this picture, just missing the brothers and sisters-in-law
Look at that water!
My amazing mom and dad

Sunday was conference and the morning session was just great! I loved Elder Holland’s talk. I mean I always do, but his talk was soul stirring. I mean I actually felt different about life after he got done talking. So good. B made steak for the family then it was time to say goodbye. Ugh, I wish we really did live closer, because I miss my family so much. They make me laugh! Until another 6 months, what a FABULOUS conference weekend!

No comments: