Monday, October 1, 2012

Birthday/Honeymoon Weekend!

My birthday came and went this year, but it was so much fun!

Since B and I really never got a honeymoon because he started school like 4 days after we got married, we decided to turn my birthday weekend into a honeymoon too. Thanks to Jenn (she gave us a two night hotel stay for our wedding gift) we spent the weekend in Salt Lake City, Utah. I know nothing exotic or anything but we had a really great time. We stayed downtown right next to the Temple and it was awesome. We were right in the middle of everything! Friday night we went to the new City Creek Mall which is connected to our hotel, and that was great. They have a mini fountain show which was created by the same people who did the Bellagio Fountains in Las Vegas, so I sort of felt like we went there! HA! We just walked around and shopped a little. It’s a great mall, and we loved people watching too! We ate at Olive Garden and just walked around downtown, we were pretty tired by the end of Friday night! Oh I forgot to mention before we left B gave me my presents early. He’s funny because he went shopping for them Thursday afternoon so of course all night he just kept asking if I wanted them. He has the hardest time keeping a surprise, but he did great! He lasted until Friday afternoon! He did however surprise me, and even made me cry! He’s a good husband!
So he got me houndstooth heels (picked out all by himself, right size too), Diet Dr. Pepper, iTunes Gift Card, Peanut Butter M&Ms, and a Coach Purse (also picked out all by himself). LOVE!
At City Creek, in front of the fountains!
Oohh fire!
Anyway, Saturday for my birthday I picked that we go to Lagoon. So we slept in and then I took B to Kneaders for breakfast because their French toast is amazing! Then we headed out! I loved it! I had a lot of fun, even if B did get sick after riding too many rides at once (he still thinks he is 16 and can handle it), so of course we had to slow down the ride riding for a little while and just walked around. It was fun, and I had an amazing time! We even got western pictures taken (which I’ll have to post later), and saw some crazy people! Even in Utah I’m amazed at what people wear out in public. Why would you wear a mini skirt to a theme park? With high heels?! Smh! Anyway, we spent a good 8 hours there and were done and tired, plus B wasn’t feeling too great bless his heart, so we headed back into town. We went swimming and relaxed in the hot tub, ok here’s another pet peeve of mine. The hot tub is NOT for children to jump in to, have swim in, that’s why there is a HUGE pool. The hot tub is to relax, not find sunken buried treasure. I was annoyed. We left and decided to go to Tucano’s for my birthday dinner. So good, I love that place. I just had all the sushi and meat I wanted. I think B just drank as much lemonade as he possible could! By then our feet hurt and we were so full!
B and I on the sky tram thing at Lagoon!
B getting ready to get some more whiplash!
Sunday we slept in until we had to check out, which was glorious and then made our way to The Pancake House (best breakfast food ever) and then headed up to Park City. B had never been and I have just been to the outlets so we took a ride up there. It was beautiful this time of year, with the leaves and the weather was perfect. It reminded me a lot of Jackson Hole actually. We got some chocolate and looked at overpriced souvenirs. Then we made the trek to the outlets were I think I wore B out shopping. We did some mild damage but it was so fun, we found lots of great deals, and I even got my husband a semi new wardrobe! I love having a boy to dress now (even though he’s still not a fan of mustard yellow, hello its FALL)! I think we spent the most time in the Nike Outlet, a boy’s dream! By then it was time to head home, and we stopped for some more sushi on our way home (can’t you tell its my favorite). We even got a discount so cheap and yummy is a win win! We jammed out to old school CD’s and even had time to talk to the kids on our way home.
It was seriously one of my top 5 weekends ever! Birthday, and alone time was exactly what I wanted. Thanks again to Jenn for the hotel, without her we wouldn’t have been able to have the fun we did! I have a feeling 28 will be great (hey I rhymed)! 

No comments: