Monday, October 15, 2012

The Tough Mudder!

I can’t believe another weekend has come and gone. I feel bad, we’ve only been to our ward like once, and I’m afraid they are going to think we are inactive or something. Just busy going places… This weekend was for B though, he ran in the Tough Mudder. Ok, first of all nothing can prepare you for what this “race” (if that’s what you want to call it) and what it is all about. O.M.Gee…. It’s just insane. B was in a foul mood all week because of it. He so didn’t want to run it, but he had already committed himself to do it so I wouldn’t let him back out of it. He really hadn’t even been training for it because he hurt his back pretty bad in our car accident, then the wedding and then all of the sudden BAM time for the race. B’s two best friends in high school talked him into running it and I still can’t believe he agreed to do it. Straight up crazy.

We left late Friday night because I had to work and B had to finish up his homework for the weekend. Hyrum and Emma were in town for her brother’s birthday so we got to see them for like half an hour. Love them! That baby Grace is quite possibly the cutest baby girl out there! B and I were so tired driving to Utah, I had a hard time keeping my eyes open. We didn’t get there until close to midnight. We stayed with B’s BFF from high school Tyson. They live in Saratoga Springs and it’s so beautiful out there! I don’t think B was fully prepared for the next day because he didn’t sleep very well. I could tell he was so nervous!

The boys left earlier than we did, and it was FREEZING! Wow, there was even snow on the mountains, so I knew we were going to freeze and we weren’t the ones getting wet! It cost $40 to just watch B, and even the spectators had to sign a release form so this is hard core. Candice (Tyson’s wife) and I marked out our path of watching the boys compete! We got there just in time to see B just into the Artic Enema aka an obstacle full of ice water that you have to swim in. I would have quit right there! We didn’t see them until mile 2 and they seemed in good spirits then! We waited another hour and half until we saw them again, by then I could tell it was hard. It was half way over and B was struggling because his calves were cramping. I just kept telling him he couldn’t quit and to keep going! There’s no way I could have done that! The hardest obstacle we saw was the one posted in the video below, 8 hills of water and mud! I have no idea how they didn’t freeze to death! I really thought after that, it would be over and B would quit but he kept going… They all did! I was totally impressed! We didn’t see them for another mile or so and by then I could tell B was just ready to be done, but they weren’t quitting now! The final obstacle was running through the wires that had 10,000 volt electricity running through them. Crazy! They all finished though, 5 hours after they started! I’m so proud of B, a HUGE accomplishment and totally something he’ll always remember! Especially because he had the flu Monday and Tuesday! Way to husband!! Don’t worry I cheered, and froze to death… but in the end I was so happy for them! If you want to see a list of all the obstacles B endured, or check out official pictures go to toughmudder.com

B said this water so FREEZING!
This is a long video, but he said this obstacle was one of the toughest!
Jumping!
Half way there!
Love his face, he did it!
Doing the Boa Constrictor, honestly I would have died from claustrophobia!
Crossing the finish line!
They did it! Way to go boys!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I'm seriously dying just looking at these pics and vids. Way to go B!!!