Friday, May 6, 2011

Myspace vs. Facebook

This weekend is not only Mother's Day, but also my little sister Mariah's birthday! How delightful! I'm attempting to be my mother (notice I said attempting) but making her famous chocolate mallow cake, and making Mariah feel as awesome as she can be for celebrating her first birthday away from home. I'll take some pictures to document my experiences; they should be interesting to say the least. J

Anyway today I had the random urge to check my Myspace account. HAHAHA! Who still has one of those? Anyone you know? OK anyway, so I was just browsing and I got instantly annoyed. So here are the reasons why I left my Myspace and love my Facebook.

  1. Myspace has WAY too much going on, and it's so not user friendly. It took me 5 seconds to find my profile. It should only take me 1 second. HELLO I don't have time to waste (oh wait….)
  2. Bulletin Board … ok so guilty that I might have posted something on there when I was heavily involved in Myspace, but seriously if I had to see one more "survey" or "get to know me" posted by some 11 year old who thinks their life is so messed up I was going to punch something. HA.
  3. Top Friends = DRAMA… like we need anymore of that in our life.
  4. No status updates. Ok so the new Myspace has this feature, but it did not have this feature when I liked it. So therefore Facebook founded it and that's why I love it.
  5. Facebook equals no HTML… THANK YOU!! Plan and simple please. I hated going to people's Space and I was instantly blinded by color or instantly dizzy with all the hoopla going on.
  6. Granted Facebook has spam, that's all I got while on Myspace. Please 16 year old hooker I don't want your services. JESH!
  7. Annoying Ad's and Pop-Ups… get a new way to pay for your billion dollar site Myspace c'mon…

I mean those are all the ones I can think of for the moment. Have you made the transition (I mean seriously what are you still in 2004 or something?). What don't you miss about Myspace? OH I love this blog post about social networking. Don't EVEN get me started on Twitter… ugh… And why can't I delete my Myspace? Why does it give me anxiety to do so?

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You are funny! Delete it Sav!! You'll feel so liberated. :)