Thursday, May 26, 2011

I Love You, I Hate You...

I have a love hate relationship with the following things in my life:

My clothes - OK seriously, anyone who sees my closest just laughs at me. I have an obsession, or more like I have issues. For instance if I wear an outfit I have to wait 2 weeks to wear it again. I don't know where this problem came from, and I don't think anyone even notices, but I do. And if I wear an outfit to church, it won't likely appear for another 2 to 3 months. I also base a lot of judgement on what people wear, so I think others do the same to me. So therefore, it's a priority to me. Do you see why I have a love hate relationship with my clothes? With an issue like this I can never have too many. Seriously every morning I stare at my FULL closest and my FULL dresser and think, man I have NOTHING to wear.

My hair - I'm pretty sure every girl has this sort of relationship with their hair. I feel like mine is so predictable. But then I realize my clothing issues play a part in my hair. I feel like if I have the same hairdo twice in a row then I might become boring. Good thing I'm not super creative when it comes to my hair or I might not have any left. Hair I love you for your thickness, you're color, and your versatility of being straight or scrunchy. Hair I hate you for your inability to stay curled, stay braided, and those stupid whispies that won't do a dang thing... don't get me started on the braiding, it will not be good.

My cell phone - Oh Blackberry! Seriously I'm a cell phone junkie, OK so a text junkie (4000 in April people, keepin' it real). And really ever since I've gotten a smart phone it's changed my life. Only to find out that my smart phone is the SLOWEST piece of you know what out there. I love though that my phone isn't an all touch phone, buttons are my friends, the calendar is my lifeline, and I love how I customized the LED lights to know who's texting me. I HATE how it won't keep a charge, won't let me text more than 160 characters in a message, now that it's getting older it won't send or receive as quickly, the camera is seriously so ancient and retarded, and it's hard to hear people sometimes. Seriously though, I am a having a moral dilemma, the Blackberry must be put to rest soon and so do I go with a Droid or an iPhone... EEKS!

I keep thinking of the many things that I have this relationship with in my life, but alas I've got to be thinking positive people! This weekend is extra long for me and I'm super excited. I'm taking a road trip to SEATTLE! Granted it will take 1 whole day to drive there and 1 whole day to drive back, but hey PARTY. I don't know how much I'll get to see but hopefully I'll get some time to go shopping (of course).

Lastly, I'm so grateful for the amazing people in my life who help me through my trials and just listen to me when I have moments of FREAK OUT then I'm clearly going to be OK. Those people are the people that you've got to keep around. So as Oprah said in her final words (didn't you just bawl at her last episode I totally did. AND seriously her last show is just one big quote, I want the entire monologue). To God be the Glory. Amen Oprah Amen.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I'm feelin you on all of this!! At least all of thing love/hate things can be fixed. Aka: you can buy new clothes and a new, faster smart phone (hallelejah.. November couldn't get here faster for me to upgrade). How do you fix the hair problem you ask? Start buying wigs. I'm thinking about it.

Who said money couldn't buy happiness? haha. j/k. We just need to marry bajillionaires so we don't have to worry about any of these things!!