Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wedding Time!

I can't believe this week is finally here. The week that my dearest brother Hyrum gets married. It's crazy really. This afternoon Mariah and I will leave to drive down to Parma to begin the festivities of matrimony. I'm very excited. I actually feel a lot of emotions, all good of course, but you know I know that things will change. This summer has been good for me, I depended a lot on Hyrum for a lot of things, and I've learned how to deal with those things on my own. Granted I depend on him still, and always will, but for once I feel like I've taken my problems and asked for advice but didn't run from them. Sorry that was a little off topic, oh well. Anyway, this weekend is bound to be fun, because I get to see family and friends (who are basically family). Hyrum is loved by many and I know many will be there to share in his happiness and joy. Don't worry I'll be posting a lot of pictures on Facebook via my new iPhone so every moment is captured. I feel like summer can officially begin, because I've been waiting for this day for awhile. I even accomplished my goal of losing 10 pounds before his wedding!
I'm so excited to have Emma as a sister, we've become great friends and I love her dearly. She's going to be an amazing addition to the Blaylock Family that is for sure. She is Hyrum's match in every way, and I'm glad he listened to me and stuck with it. HA! She will also get to love my beautiful hometown of Parma since they just bought a house there. Lucky kids, pretty sure Parma is the best kept secret in all of America (ok so I'm a little bias). I can't wait to create many memories with her!
I always thought I would be sad when Hyrum got married (because I always knew he would before me), but I'm so happy and proud of him. It's what life is all about, living your life the way you're supposed to and being blessed for obedience. He deserves nothing but the best, because well he's probably one of the greatest examples to me and I love him dearly. Congratulations Brother!
Let the party begin people! Peace and love!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

It's still won't be real to me until they walk out of that temple on Friday. I'm surprised I'm doing so well! haha. We'll see how I am on Friday! I can't wait to see your face and to Party :) woot woot.

Russ and Michelle said...

Congratulations to Hyrum and Emma! That's exciting they bought a house in P town! What does he do there?

Savanna said...

Shell - He actually works for Parma Company. Funny huh?! Helping my dad you know!

Unknown said...

oooooh I'm already getting choked up..this is gonna be a fun weekend.