Thursday, April 26, 2012

Awkward and Awesome Thursday!

I haven’t done an awkward or awesome post for a while, but there is just too many this past week that I couldn’t let it pass by. So here you go!
Awkward:
  • While in Twin Falls this past weekend B and I were eating at Five Guys Burger and Fries. We were just enjoying our lunch when this lady sits right by us, pulls out a box of honey nut cheerios and a cup from the restaurant from a previous visit and proceeds to fill up her cup. B and I were trying so hard not to laugh, but really, it’s not a free refill on DIFFERENT visits. She just sat there and proceeded to eat her Cheerios and Diet Coke. Bless…
  • Yesterday our work had an Aflac meeting. You know one of those learn about your benefits kind of thing. Anyway, there’s a pregnancy portion, but you have to wait 2 months after the effective date to get pregnant, anyway, this guy in the meeting (who is really weird) pretty much asked the rep when he needs to knock up his wife so it can be covered. I cannot tell you how awkward it was… smh.
  • We had many experiences in Twin Falls… B and I love people watching. Seriously, we saw this guy that was completely bald on top and Afro the rest of his head. Oh bless, don’t you know that looks funny?
  • While tanning yesterday I fell completely asleep, it was so awkward when the tanning bed went off and scared me awake and for a moment I was like “Where in the HECK am I?”… So funny.
  • I ran to the store the other night to get B some milk and other necessities while he took a shower… anyway, while there I had a lady ask if my ring was fake, to which I said no… and then she asked if she could wear it. Uh Ok I’m just going to let you wear my engagement ring while you check out my groceries. People in Rexburg are WAY too comfortable with strangers.
  • B’s current neighbors and my future neighbors, remember that whole way too comfortable with strangers thing? Well these people take it to a whole other level. People it is called underwear because we wear it UNDER our clothes. I’m sure you get the picture.

Awesome:
  • Yesterday B and I finished cleaning up the garage and then we started to get our garden ready, working side by side and laughing and talking. I just had a flash of what my life will be like in the next 30 years, and I love it.
  • Even though I’m trying NOT to freak out about wedding planning and what have you, it just happens sometimes. Jenn has been so awesome; she lets me bounce ideas off of her, and is honest and realistic about what I want. See what a great wedding planner she is… oh and BFF!
  • I got some great advice this week from a co-worker. I was telling him that some people in our singles ward are acting weird, and don’t talk to us anymore and it hurts my feelings. To which he said “well then you must be doing something right, or else they wouldn't be envious”. Then I thought about how I’ve acted sometimes when my friends got married, and I totally felt that envy too, so no need to take it personally. It just made me feel better…
  • Hulu Plus is amazing.
  • Cuddling.
  • Having a good cry in a hot shower.
  • I’m totally obsessed with Instagram these days. I think I’ve said it before, but I’m trying to convince everyone with a smart phone to get it.
  • I went shopping with B on Saturday and didn't buy one thing, and I felt really sad. That’s when I realized I have a tiny addiction to shopping, which I’m slowing breaking. Hooray!
  • I love spending an ENTIRE day with someone and laughing most of the day.
  • I have an amazing family, and I’m grateful for each one of them. It’s when you go through trials that you know together it can be just a little easier.
  • Mariah is back in Rexburg! Hyrum and Emma will be up here this weekend!
  • I’m moving this weekend, and even though moving is a pain, this is a good move, because my next roommate will be B J!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Love it Thursdays, Love you!

ummm.. Can I just tell you that I'm laughing so hard because the "robot" looks like "Rufies" and the second word is totally "Porked." WTH?!