Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Hair Envy

I've had my long hair for a couple of years now. It's the longest it has ever been, and quite frankly I'm proud of it, that is until I get on Pinterest and see everyone else's beautiful hair and cool hairstyles and then I look in the mirror and say "crap". Honestly how can you get your hair to do all those magnificent things? I either straighten it or defuse it, and since I don't wash it everyday (something that's taken me YEARS to finally accomplish because I've trained it not be oily), the next day just ends up being a ponytail... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... I mean I can do anything to anyone else's hair, but when it comes to mine, ei yi yi...

For awhile I just gave up on the idea of having cool hair, and embraced by locks, but now I've got the itch to try something new, yes I want to try the "scarf" or "bandanna" look. I'm fairly confident I can pull this look off, well I was until this morning when it took me a good 20 minutes just to get it securely fastened on my head only to have it fall off before I even could get to work during my 25 minutes commute. I think I muttered something like "well fine, it's windy outside today anyway". Only one word comes to mind when I think of this and it's RUDE. 
Then I think oh I could have cool colored hair, but dark purple doesn't exactly show up with someone who has dark brown hair.

Finally I just put it up in a bun and said, that will have to do for today. Maybe one Saturday I should just sit and try a million different hairstyles or better yet maybe master just one. I really shouldn't have hair envy, but someone who has long hair should be able to do something with it right? It's like mocking the extension loving Gods or something. Lauren Conrad is the my hair idol. Honestly that girl can and does do everything imaginable with her hair. Now that's really rude!

Don't EVEN get me started on how my hair can't hold curl when curled with a curling iron. Honestly...

1 comment:

Becky Clinton said...

I have hair envy. I think it must be a Nelson gene or something, because I have baby hair. That's right, baby hair. It is so fine and soft that it does nothing. I am a slave to perms or highlights, products, and appliances. It takes six products, four procedures, and about 30 minutes to coax my hair, which is pretty dang short right now and between perms, to get it looking nice. And that only lasts for 2-3 hours. UGH!!

How have you trained your hair to not be oily? Sounds like something I need to learn about.