Monday, April 2, 2012

My Conference Weekend!

I always love Conference weekend. I mean I have a legit excuse for parking myself on the couch for two full days and staying in my PJ’s! This year was no exception, except well B and I had a ward party to organize and put on, but it went really great and we had an awesome turnout.
Friday we went bowling with Anthony and Dani. It was a lot of fun, I didn’t get any pictures of them though, and that’s super lame! I wasn’t really that competitive on Friday, I was just mostly happy it was the weekend and I was with B. So we went to dinner at Wingers and that was fun too!
 
Oh yeah, and I bought two lottery tickets for the Mega Millions... don't worry I didn't win!
Saturday was our ward party and B was up and at it earlier than me! Crazy talk. We had a lot to get done, and so we listened to Conference and attempted to make our homemade root beer. I wish I would have recorded when we first put the dry ice in because it was a crazy reaction to the water! We laughed a good long time about that.
Anyway, we went all over Rexburg getting the grill and food and setting up our BBQ. Overall though it was a success! I modest turnout and the perfect amount of food. That night I made chicken roll-ups, and they turned out awesome! Even if we didn’t eat until 9:00 p.m.
 Grill Master!
My chicken roll-ups! They turned out awesome!
Sunday was great! I made cinnamon rolls and we got comfy for our day of conference. As you can see we had a great little set up going! I always prefer  the couch but B is a floor dweller. He loves lying on the floor, and so I usually end up joining him. I loved President Uchtdorf’s talk. My favorite for sure!
Our conference picnic!
We talked about going on a walk, but it was just too cold for me so we decided to pack some snacks and take a drive to Mesa Falls. B hadn’t been there in a while, and we wanted to just get out so it was perfect. On the way up there I was reading some of my journal entries from the past year, and it is really crazy to see how far we’ve come. You don’t realize how much you went through until you read it all again, the awesome part being you see how we were both each being prepared for our life together. It was an experience I’ll never forget! When we got to Mesa Falls we discovered that the road is closed because of snow, so we had to turn around. We decided on the way back to stop at Twin Bridges. My FAVORITE place to bridge jump and where I spent most of my summer when I was going to school… come to find out his family owns that land and that bridge. So we reminisced about the memories we had there. The water was so high and it was freezing cold!
 B being a boy and moving a log!
 Of course he pretends he's innocent!
 Don't mind my hair, the wind was blowing super hard and it was freezing. Plus we were matching, haha love it!
Ugh, I just love his guts!
We stopped in St. Anthony to see his grandma when we heard this loud hiss, of course it would be his tire! So he changed it (in record time, I was quite impressed), and then we headed down to Rigby.
Looking back at it Sunday was a crazy jam packed day. No wonder I was so tired when we got back home.

This week is going to be crazy!! B has finals, and we have something going on every night this week. Plus the best part is that my dear BFF Sarah gets married on Saturday, and then we are going to Parma to see Austin and Kenz bless Reece. It’s starting to feel like summer already because well it’s just one weekend after another you are doing something. That’s ok, because the sooner August 16th can get here, the better! J

No comments: