Monday, May 24, 2010

Jenn, Old Navy, & Understanding Life (yeah right!)

This weekend was all sorts of fun. It was even a three-day weekend for me because I volunteered at the Snake River Animal Shelter Spring Scramble. Jenn also came up to visit me and we had a great time, I didn’t get to spend as much time as I would have liked, but enough to get my fix! Friday I went to the Drive-in with some ward friends and saw How to Train you Dragon (so cute, go see it!). We went to Old Navy on Saturday and found some AMAZING sales (clothes for $0.97 can’t beat that), I seriously got the rush of Black Friday. So many people and seriously Jenn and I were just grabbing clothes off the rack, who cares if they are sort of ugly, it’s $0.97. Here is our haul, pretty good if I say so myself! I love shopping…
I was in such a hurry to take this picture of Jenn because there were billions of people:

All of our loot together for under $20.00. Swagtastic!














On Saturday night we were supposed to have a ward party, but since it snowed and it was freezing outside, we opted for a hot tub party instead. This is a sign that was on the bathroom door. I thought it was so funny, so direct and to the point, this is why you have to shower before swimming!
That night some of my friends came over and we played one of my new favorite games, Who, What, Where…. I bought it at Fred Meyer and I LOVE it! Sunday was sort of uneventful and then I helped Jenn make lasagna, beautiful! We had a good talk about life, and it’s comforting to know that I went through the exact same thing at her age (and still go through it about, ha ha). It a rough transition for a Mormon girls who want to be married by 21 but aren’t. Now we have to enter the world and figure out what the heck to do with our life when all we want to do is have a family. UGH, it’s annoying…such is life. That might not be everyone's problem, but it seems to be mine at least. Life isn't easy, it is a test, whether it be crawling in a dark cave (uh uh no way!) or deciding what God wants you to do with your life. It's all about being happy with who you are as a person and what's the best thing for you! A satisfying good weekend, I am so happy Jenn came down, and I even finished another book. 25 down and 25 to go to make my 50 books in one year goal.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Thanks for the last bit on your post. It helps to know others feel the same way I do about being single and not married still. I believe the time will come but at times I really wonder since I'm getting up in age. :) You are so great and amazing!! Keep up the great inspiration.