Friday, April 8, 2011

Bittersweet Ending (sort of) to an Era...

Today is a bittersweet day for me...

Today my BFF and brother aka my Hyrum is graduating college. He was present for my two semesters of college and I've been with him for his entire college career. He's been through everything with me, and I've been through everything with him. Crazy roommates, overdrawn bank accounts, the need for some real food, laughter, and good times. College is one of the most amazing experiences, and I'm glad I got to share it with him. I'm so proud of him. I'm so happy for him. A life goal complete. I remember when I graduated I cried tears of joy, all I could think was, I can't believe I did it. I got a degree! Anyway, it's so sweet to accomplish something so big like that. You can now be considered special because you did it, you stuck through the finals, the papers, the no sleep to get that peice of paper that says you are smart!

 The bitter part? He leaves me and this time he isn't coming back. He leaves me in Rexburg, where I have to solve my problems on my own. I have no one to run to for male advice. No one to escape roommate or boy drama. He knows me better than anyone in the whole planet. Do I depend on him a little much? Eh sometimes, I mean it isn't unhealthy, but I love him dearly.

Congrats my dearest brother, not only to graduating with a degree, but finding a beautiful woman along the way! You truely are blessed, and I'm so blessed to have you as a brother. Much love!

The best part though. My baby sister Mariah is just starting her college career, and I know that her and I will have some of the exact same memories I shared with Hyrum. It's a good thing too, because I know 4 years from now I'll be writing the same exact post about her.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

teared up while reading this post...just sayin:) if you ever need a food run, or to escape roomate drama, you can always call me too :) love ya savs