Thursday, April 21, 2011

Mental Timeout

It's alright to have a bad day, that's what I tell others, but why can't I take that advice for myself? Don't you ever have days where EVERYTHING and I mean everything annoys you? From the length of a text message reply to ding on your computer telling you that there's a new email waiting, everything just makes you want to punch something? That was yesterday. Today is not looking good either.

Or I love that everyone is allowed to have a bad day BUT me? I have to be the cheery happy one, and if I'm in a bad mood everyone is disappointed in me. Let me sit here and scowl for a moment alright? I don't feel like being the normal happy me everyone is accustomed to. I would like to be Debbie Downer today if that's alright.

I am happy, I love my life, and really I am so blessed. Today is just well one of those days. So just give me a second (a mental timeout if you must). And I'll be back to my old self in no time! In the meantime, just a hug and a I love you and "understand it's one of those days" pep talks. Much appreciated indeed.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean and it's totally OK to have one of those days every now and again. Don't worry, I still Love you :) :)

Melissa's Musings said...

Don't even get me started!! Why can't I have a bad day too!? Deal with it people!