Thursday, April 28, 2011

I Miss You!

I'm slacking on my blogging. Just been crazy busy at work and after. Not enough hours in the day really. Summer is quickly approaching and I'm excited for it to finally be warm enough to not turn on my defrost when I leave for work in the mornings (snow is forcasted tomorrow, awesome). Anyway, I've had A LOT of changes in April, and when I say a lot I totally mean it. It has been a good "growing" experience I like to call it. I told my co-worker that I feel like God stuck me in a snow globe and shook it... The biggest change? Most of my friends and loved ones moving home, or leaving has been super hard. I mean you would think at 26 I would get the hang of this crazy instability... but no, I love deeply (and usually quickly) and that's a good and bad thing when you think about it. Not everything can be rainbows and butterflies (isn't this a Maroon 5 lyric?), but it's OK, I have memories, pictures, Skype, and my cell phone so really now. Thank goodness too! So now that April is over here is my tribute to my beloveds who left for bigger and better things (sort of)....
Ashley Tippetts
Ashley's departure was so unexpected I don't think I've really grasped the concept that she's actually gone. I remember the first time I met her I knew instantly I would love her. She's one of a kind, seriously, I've never met anyone like her and probably never will. After stepping off a long board on Friday she broke her ankle, and that meant the end of summer for her and the end of a era in Rexburg. She was gone in a matter of a day, and who knows when I'll see here again. But here are somethings I'll always remember about her (contributions from my dear Riana)....
1. The LAUGH.. dangerously contagious, everyone around her ALWAYS caught the bug
2. She was the Official Ward Smile Enforcement- on the stage, by the organ, every Sunday, staring into your soul, killing you with the famous smile
3. Her signature was her convincing Chinese impression, it caught on with her Seminary students. We thought we were the only ones who noticed the resemblance!
4. Favorite saying, “Oh, well.. you know!” She could respond/communicate with us five different ways with this phrase.. incredible..
5. After nearly a year and a half with her, and all her amazing talent, we didn’t find ONE thing that she COULDN’T DO.. except ride a long board.
6. Seriously no matter how bad her day was she was always asking how mine was... now that's amazing! 
 
  
 
Hyrum and Emma
I already did my farewell blog to Hyrum here. But I also miss Emma. She's just an amazing soul and a good person. Bless her, at least she's going to be in my family forever. I seriously got a two-for-one deal with her. Now I get to enjoy Hyrum and her together. Delightful, I cannot wait for the wedding in June!

Brycen aka B
Granted he's coming back (thank goodness someone is), he's missed terribly. Most definitely the life of the party wherever you go, it's hard not to know who he is (or where for that matter). There isn't enough space to write all the things he's taught me and all the fun we all have had. My goal in life was trying to make him laugh (not hard), but his laugh is totally contagious. We have a lot in common and so we became fast friends... and really he's just one of those people who instantly makes you feel one of a kind. He makes any situation fun (even if it's totally awkward), and fiercely loyal to those he cares about. I have so many experiences with him that I'll always remember (one in particular includes a sleigh ride), but seriously he's a gem. He's selling security systems to protect the people from the crazies of Texas. Summer just won't be the same without him!
So moral of the story  - Don't Cry because it's Over, Smile because it Happened (thank you cheesiest quote ever, but also so true)....

No comments: