Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Farmington, NM - The Land of Enchantment...

I hope you haven't given up on me yet. You know the life of Savanna is just crazy and especially in July. Never fails that July every year is NUTS! So after the 4th of July festivities, Mariah and I jumped on a plane to Hyrum's reception in Farmington, NM. I was already a little anxious flying because our connection was super tight, and people were just lollygagging around on the plane. PEOPLE HELLO! Anyway, we got seated got put on the Tarmac, only to find out that Denver (where our connection was) was shut down due to nasty weather. Really in July? So we waited, and waited, and waited for two hours. Then we pulled back to gate and waited another hour. So by now super anxiety about the flight connections. So when we arrived Ry and I ran across that huge airport to get our flight only to have it bumped 4 times until they just cancelled it. Great. So they put us up for the night at a hotel and scheduled our next flight out for first thing in the morning. 2 hours after that original time we finally left. Ry and I were delirious by then, so when we got on the SMALLEST plane EVER we just laughed until we cried. It was definitely scary, I would much rather fly in a big plane than a small one. 
Ry in front of our large aircraft!
And we were upset because we thought we didn't have seats next to each other!
24 hours with little to no sleep, AWESOME!
 We made it to New Mexico though, and went to Mesa Verde National Park that day and Durango, CO. That night was the reception in Emma's backyard, it was so beautiful and then just like clockwork a sudden downpour came and forced us all inside. DANGIT! But never fear the Blaylock family saved the day by busting out our dance moves. What a great night! I wish my entire family could have been there, but you know, we were all there for the wedding so that is all that matters!
Me, Dad, Ry - at one of the cave dwellings at Mesa Verde National Park
Don't worry, I made sure I got my picture in front of every National Park Sign!
Dancing with the Padre! Love him!
The parents and the happy couple!
My beautiful parents!

With my mom! Isn't she stunning?
Look a rainbow! How awesome!
More of Mesa Verde. It was pretty awesome.
Farmington was great, well interesting. Emma's family is so nice and had a beautiful home. I wish I could have spent more than 12 hours there, thank you weather for cooperating. So stay tuned for round two. Where I go on a National Park visiting spree!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Land of Enchantment! i love it. I also love that you are getting caught up on your blog life :) yay