Monday, August 29, 2011

Six Flags - Magic Mountain

Day two of California was well just as crazy, but we at least got to sleep some. It took us a while to get going, but finally we made it to SIX FLAGS Magic Mountain. I didn't take any pictures this day only Anthony did (and I haven't gotten them from him yet). This park isn't as backpack friendly as Disneyland so I didn't even carry my phone. It was pretty hot by the time we finally got there, and there were a LOT of people there. Since we got a late start we figured we only had time for 4 rides (because well the lines are close to two hours long). So our first stop was the Goliath:

Super fun. Anthony had never really ridden on a death defying ride before, so this was a great start. It was so fun, Riana, Me, Brycen, and Anthony laughed and screamed our way through this awesome coaster. Then we went on the Superman ride, which goes from 0-100 mph in close to 5 seconds. I screamed a lot on that ride too. B and Anthony just laughed at me. Since the wait for that ride was also a bazillion hours I went off to get us some food and beverages. Come to find out EVERYONE in the park is cranky and hot, case in point, when I'm standing in line to get a drink a girl and her boyfriend tried to pick a fight with me. All I said was, oh sorry but the end of the line is WAY back there. I guess they had enough of waiting in lines because all they wanted to do was scream at me. I was not in the mood for such ridiculousness so I just said, well if you are going to cut at least get behind me. HA! Seriously I'm not going to fight you. Chalk it up to another part of my crazy vacation. We then went on the Viper which has like 7 loops or something crazy like that. I rode with Anthony and he just made me laugh because he's like a little girl. Everyone was hungry and tired by then, but B and I were still itching for more rides. I was DETERMINED to ride the X2, because well I heard its' the scariest thing you can go on. So the rest of the crew went ahead to eat and we decided to go stand in line for another 2 hours to ride this fantastic ride. We met some "wannabe" actors in line, and they kept us entertained. Finally we got to the ride, and they put us into the front. I was really nervous for this ride, as anyone should, just look at it:
So a straight down drop, plus your seat moves, so you really have no idea where you are going. Plus it's dark.  I even got B to scream on this ride. I screamed so loud and so much I lost my voice (for an entire week I might add). You seriously can never see the track. My picture was epic. I wish now I would have bought it, pure terror is all I can do to describe it. Since we still hadn't heard from the gang I convinced B to run across the park to see what other rides we could jump on. This was seriously the best part of the day we rode probably 3 more rides. We walked onto 3 roller coasters! We so didn't want to leave. We promised each other next time we come back we are getting there when the park opens and we aren't leaving until they kick us out. What a great day. Minus the waiting in 2 hour line.

No comments: