Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Our Adventure Begins - Disneyland

So my roommate Monica decided to move back to California, and Anthony decided to help her drive back. Since both Monica and Anthony were already going to be in Cali, Riana and I decided to join them. I have to make a yearly trip to Disneyland after all! When I mean this was a quick trip, I really mean it. We left Friday at like 9:00 at night, and arrived at Brycen's close to 1:00 in the morning (yes, B decided to come on the trip Tuesday before we left). Riana and I realized we were matching with our BYU shirts and navy shorts. So of course picture!
Since we had to be at the airport at 5:00 in the morning Riana and I really didn't go to sleep. On the other hand this sleepy head did:
I woke him up around 4:00 and he got up and looked at me, and then went to the fridge and stood here like this for a good 5 minutes. By this time I knew he was sleep walking, or in between sleep and awake. Riana and I were laughing so hard. He was even calling me rude for laughing so hard at him. I ordered him into the shower in which he stood in the dark bathroom for another 5 minutes.  If this is how our trip was going to start out I knew it would be a whirlwind adventure. We were still late getting to the airport and we had to check luggage too, so B used his "con artist" skills to get us to the front of the security line. We seriously walked right onto the airplane (no Cinn-a-bon for us).
Since B decided to fly last minute with us he was on stand by which equals upgraded seats which then equals leverage to a stranger so he could sit by us on the airplane. Luckily we all got to ride together, and it was fun.
Brycen, Me, and Riana in the back seat of the Cadillac. Good times were had, and we laughed A LOT.
As soon as we stepped off the plane (at 7:00 a.m.) it was time to go to Disneyland. First we stopped at McDonald's to get food, then to the most magical spot on earth. Last time I went Monica and I found this guy who sells discounted Disney tickets (rents out tickets at a discounted price). Is the neighborhood a little shady? Yes. Did he give Brycen this ENTIRE box of chocolates? Yes.

The boys had never been so I was SO excited for them to enjoy the magic. We got started a little late but it was still so exciting. Word to the wise, never go on a Saturday to Disneyland in the MIDDLE of the summer. The park was JAM packed full of people. I guess I've just spoiled myself in years past with little to no wait on anything.
This was our first ride at Disneyland, Toy Story. It was a lot of fun, and of course Brycen beat us all. Typical.
I mostly love this picture because this is what Riana and I did most of our vacation. Laugh. Brycen was talking this picture and someone walked right in front of before he took it. He made some face and then it took us 5 minutes to calm down to take the dumb picture. Oh Riana how I love you, and how you make me laugh!
 These boys are so funny. Best friends since like 7th grade they are always gossiping about something. I just so happened to capture this picture of them. Who knows what they are talking about, knowing them something ridiculous.
Here we are in front of Disneyland (our only group photo). Pretty exciting (and super hot I might add), it's a good thing we didn't go to Splash Mountain until midnight (more on that later)
Here are the first timers by the castle. 28 years it took them to get there! I'm sure glad I was there to experience it with them though.

So here is the picture of us on Tower of Terror. I love this ride, evidence with my mouth wide open and screaming. So fun though. This is when I discovered that Brycen loved seeing my reaction and screaming my head off then the ride itself.
Here we are almost getting on Space Mountain, we waited an hour for this ride. The longest wait of the day, little did we know the next day we would be waiting 2 hours for rides at Six Flags. Still though, it was fun. You have to invent games in lines, make friends with those around you, and try not to fall asleep because you haven't slept in 2 days.
Of course you have to ride the Teacups. I don't know what I was thinking going with Anthony and B on these things. They spun me so fast I screamed most the time. We were a little dizzy after this! B way to be creative with the camera, looks like you really are holding the teacup. HA!
We went on a Small World too, because well you have to have the full expeirence, and we laughed a lot. Between Anthony and Brycen, and the three big fellows in the boat with us, they almost captsized us when rocking back and forth, so I got wet on that ride. So since we were already getting wet, we made our way to Splash Mountain. The wait for this ride has been 2 hours all day, until 11:00 at night. So of course, we went on TWICE. The boys really loved this ride, they screamed and laughed the entire time. We all got SOAKED!
All of us in the boat!
Seriously one of the best Disney trips I have expeirenced. I laughed so hard the entire day, and who doesn't love going with your BFF's? We didn't get to see EVERYTHING, but I'm sure we will go back. I did however get to eat my Dole Whip, and watch the magical fireworks. I think the boys loved their experience, they loved Soarin' Over California the most. By the time we left the park it was close to 1:30 a.m. We were exhausted, wet, and hungry. We stopped by an In-N-Out which has crappy service, and horrible milk shakes. Oh well. As soon as we arrived at the house we crashed because the next day was going to be Magic Mountain Six Flags!

1 comment:

Monica @ All Things Lovely said...

so fun! what an awesome place to go with friends.