Thursday, June 7, 2012

Awkward and Awesome Thursday!!

Whoa… I’ve taken a little bit of a hiatus for this week just because work is killing me and I’m trying to unpack my ENTIRE life before the weekend! Never fear though I’ve had some GREAT awkward moments (and awesome ones too) this week!!
Awkward:
  • You know that moment when you accidentally touch someone’s butt in public; the normal thing to do is just ignore it right? I mean that’s the universal rule. Well I accidentally did that going out of Wal-Mart the other day, and this guy made this huge scene. He said “if you are going to touch my butt at least ask permission, I really don’t mind”… I just said sorry quietly and ran/walked to my car. Really?!
  • Now that I’ve moved into our house (an actual house in an actual neighborhood) we have a little neighbor girl who doesn’t know boundaries.  It has come to the point where I have to keep my door closed or she thinks she can just wander around the house at her free will. Yesterday I was unpacking the kitchen and talking to B on the phone. Here she comes walking on in to the house like she lives there, I calmly but firmly told her I have two rules (1) – always knock and if I don’t answer that means I’m not home or I can’t come to the door (or don’t want to). (2) – If she does come inside she needs to stay in the living room or kitchen she isn’t allowed in the bedrooms. Then she asked me if she could go potty, I was like you live four steps away you can run home. She’s like oh ok, then she rode her bike two feet down the sidewalk and crashed her bike. Did I help her? No. Now I think I will go to hell for not helping a child in need. Great, I better make some cookies…
  • Today I have 2 Instagram awkwards:
 $8 in change. Seriously. I don’t know what it is but I just feel so well “white trash” if I pay with coins. It’s still American money and it’s still the same, but its like I’m a bum who collected money off of the street and used it to buy whatever. What is Jenn ever going to do with those coins? Because now she’ll feel awkward too. But I do like that she feels like a pirate… arrrggh!
Monica lives in Switzerland. She posted this picture today. I find it super funny! Just hanging my underwear up to dry for everyone to see… uh ok!
  • Monday was 91 degrees, last night I had to cover my garden because it froze. Whatever weather.

Awesome:
  • As I mentioned above that I moved. 2 times in the space of 2 months (I DON’T recommend it), but it’s done. I’m in the house that B and I will live in when we get married and I can’t wait. It’s such an adorable little house, with a lot of room for a great price. I can’t tell you how nice it feels to have the kitchen all to myself. All of my dishes and cooking items wherever I like them! We even have a garage so I can start a little bit of food storage (because you know that’s all married people get is food storage for gifts). We have a cute little garden in the back, that I’m super nervous I’m going to kill, and a beautiful spacious yard that B works hard to take care of. It has needed some TLC but it’s on the up mend and is looking fantastic. I even am going to try and plant some flowers! It’s the small things that make life worth it, like having a whole closet just to fill with my shoes… that’s the life (even if I have to share my dresser)! HA!
  • B is selling like a mad man this week, I’m so proud of him and how hard he works.
  • The wedding plans are coming along. Time to start collecting addresses. My wedding is only 70 days away. It’s coming so fast and I have so much to do, but it’s also so exciting!
  • I’m so in love with this picture, they are all so precious:
  • An item on my bucket list was to be a “regular” at a restaurant or something like that. Just walk up to the counter and say “I’ll have the usual”. Yesterday I fulfilled that goal when I walked into my daily gas station run for a soda and the lady at the counter said “Just the usual for you?”… I gleamed with an excited YES! Even if it was just a Diet Dr. Pepper soda refill. I’m still a regular!! Again, it’s the small things.
  • In case you didn’t know, I’m totally in love with a man who writes me silly but beautiful love notes. Pretty much perfect!
  • The show Revenge and Downton Abbey. Seriously where have I been? Obsessed!
Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

As always, Love this segment! I loved the Butt comment. So funny. And you're watching Revenge!? yess. I just finished it a couple of days ago (yeah, watched it in 4 days.. don't judge) LOVE IT. Let me know when you get to the finale. omg.

Monica @ All Things Lovely said...

haha, im glad you enjoyed my underwear post. The undies look closer in real life then they look in the picture. Also, this happens everywhere...in the laundry room we share with our building there are a few ropes that go across the room and sometimes there is underwear hanging. Majority of people here hang all their clothes to dry even if there is an option to use the dryer. weirdos.