Thursday, June 28, 2012

Setbacks, Awkward, and Awesome...

To say that the past couple of days have been calm would be the biggest lie EVER! It's not an awkward or awesome moment just something that made me take a step back and have a breakdown. I think I'm doing better today. Monday I was getting some documents ready for the wedding and came across a paragraph that made me freak out just a little bit. Come to find out B needs to have additional paper work to get married in the temple again and we had NO idea. So here I am freaking out because I've been engaged since March and now we are only 7 weeks away and who knows if it will happen. Needless to say on Tuesday I cried and cried, and tried to get everything in order so we could get the ball moving ASAP. Hopefully by tomorrow all the paperwork will be in and then we will just pray, a LOT that it gets here in time. Essentially we need a lot of prayers and faith from everyone to ensure we can get married on August 16th. My grandma even called me last night to tell me to buck up and have some more faith because they had to wait a year to get married in the temple, and grandpa's temple recommend came the night before they were supposed to leave (hand delivered by an Apostle nonetheless). She's like I just knew that if I have faith it would show up because we wanted to get married the right way. Oh grandma, if I only had faith like you! She's like the Lord knows what you want, and yes it is paperwork, but it will all work out. Everyone has said it will be ok or I feel like it's going to be fine, etc.. but I can't feel it. Then B told me that you can't have fear and faith in the same place. He's like you have to let the doubt and fear go, and then you can feel confident that we will be able to get married when we want. So that's my challenge for the next 7 weeks. Plan my wedding and just pray that when we enter the Rexburg Temple on August 16th it will be perfect! So here goes nothing!
As for awkward moments this week:
  • We floated the river this weekend and there was this girl who accompanied us. She never stopped talking, and we were on the river for 3 hours. That would be ok, but it seemed that she had to one-up every story ever told. If you jumped 7 feet she can jump 8 etc... Then after all that she proceeded to complain about how I had lied to her about how far the float was and how starving she was. In fact she asked me 7 times in the space of 5 minutes where the cookies were.
  • Seeing someone's bathing suit top come pretty much off, also while floating. Yeah it's one of those moments where you pretend to be "resting your eyes"...
  • Who floats down a river but you can't swim? Then instead of telling us that you're aren't that good you almost drown like 3 times. Eek!
  • Not being able to understand the Asian lady doing my nails, and then getting irritated when she insulted my awesome pedicure I just got. Claiming she could do something for cheaper, and it would look better than "that".
  • B and I went to Craigo's on Saturday and we were super exhausted. Still nothing tops seeing two girls pretty much taste every type of pizza at the buffet line before deciding to get another piece (ew), then another gaggle of girls talking about how much they LOVE being single (liars, please I was single for 26 years and even though it was fun, you know you're supposed to finding someone).
  • My doctor using "Fertile Myrtle" in a sentence... haha!
Awesome:
  • Even though I had the above mentioned scenario happen to me this week I learned how big of a cheering section B and I really have! A lot of people care and are worried about us.
  •  Finally getting a Madison Library card. I love books!
  • I got to see B a lot this week. I love it! Plus he freaking rocked at selling this week too, AND even mowed my entire lawn... oh swoon!
  • Going to Parma this weekend to see baby Grace. The wedding is FAST approaching.
  • I'm marrying the most amazing person, who loves me even when I am probably a little (or a lot) dramatic.
  • Planning our honeymoon. We are going to have so much fun!

No comments: