Monday, June 25, 2012

Floating the Snake River!

This picture below describes my summer so far:
So B and I talk a lot (yeah just look at our phone bill). But it's always so much fun to Skype too, this night we both started brushing our teeth at the same time, while Skyping. Precious I know!
We had a ward party on Saturday that B and I were in charge of. I'm so grateful he is able to help me because it's a big thing to do by yourself. Originally he planned to leave early Saturday morning from Twin Falls and just come up and we would go from there. Imagine my surprise when I woke up Saturday morning and he was already there. He drove super late the night before after getting off work. It was so good to see him, even if he did scare the crap out of me because I'm used to living alone! 
 B and I went to Broulims to get the rest of the things for our BBQ. I asked B to grab the bags of ice and follow me out to the truck. I looked behind me to here him zooming past in this cart.I had to take a picture, and everyone around us though he was pretty comical too. The best part, when he tried to back up it started beeping. So funny.
 This is b's annoyed/serious face, you don't see it much so I captured it for those naysayers! HA!
 Waiting in the truck before we float, it was already pretty hot by now!
Here is my love pre-sunburn! You can see the  beautiful river in the back along with some of our ward members who came. If you come visit us we will take you floating!
We then had a ward BBQ with a ton of food then we got all ready to float down the Snake River. B was telling me about this waterproof iPhone case you can get. I've decided I totally want one now that we spent all Saturday on the water and I wished over and over again I had my phone, or a camera in general!  We were half way down the river when I was told the lone straggler in the back didn't know how to swim. If you don't know how to swim why would you be on a river without a life jacket at least? So that was a little scary, but for the most part B and I just enjoyed a lazy but fun trip down the river. We both got pretty sun-burned though. I just told B it was a base coat for our honeymoon. For a black man, that boy is sure red! There were some interesting members of our float trip, one girl asked me when the river would end. B was like well when it dumps into the ocean. It's the Snake River! 
You can't really tell how much sun he got, he just looks extra dark! I love this shirt and I love his glasses!
We were pretty tired after floating all day so we went out to eat then just relaxed afterwards. What a fun filled summery day. Loved it. We had a great weekend, it was so much fun, and reminded why I love summer and why I fell in love with B.

PS - on a side note if you want an invite to the wedding and you haven't given me your address yet, just leave me a little note! I know it's so exciting that it's coming closer!!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I'm glad you were able to get some sun! THis reminds me of those summers water rafting with the ontario singles ward! haha. good tiems!