Friday, June 1, 2012

Baby Grace

This week has definitely been better for me, even though I'm making some adjustments in life and work, and whatever else comes along. I guess I realized yesterday too that life is what you make of it, I mean yesterday my brother Hyrum and his wife Emma's life was changed forever. They welcomed their first baby (and my first niece) into this big scary world.

It would be easy to tell her how much life here is hard, stressful, and unpleasant, how you never stop worrying, or how life is never what you plan it out to be. The thing is, if you look at all the bad things you'll miss all the wonderful things in between. That's just it, if you didn't have failure, then you wouldn't know what success feels like. If you didn't have sadness you wouldn't know what happiness is. If you didn't have heart ache, you couldn't really appreciate real love.  For all bad things there is always a good somewhere, the secret to life is trying to find the good among the bad. I'm sure in the pre-mortal life when we decided to come here we were like "bring it on, I want a body", but then it became murmuring like "will this trial ever end?". But, as I saw pictures of Grace and worried and anticipated her arrival I just knew it has and will be all worth it.

So my dear Gracie, thank you for teaching your aunt valuable life lessons already... its not about how much money you make, or about your job, or even about planning a wedding. It's about enduring it with a positive attitude and an optimistic outlook on life. Welcome to the world baby, you're in for one crazy ride, with amazing parents who will make you laugh (I can't wait to see Hyrum and Emma be parents), and a family who loves you very much!

 Emma and Grace... 
Cousins! Reece is only 2 months older, but you know he likes to eat so he's quite a big bigger! Love them already!


1 comment:

Jenn said...

Love her already, love you! Can't wait to meet her:) ...and do see Hyrum and Emma as parents. SO FUNNY!