Thursday, June 21, 2012

Awkward and Awesome Thursday...

It’s Thursday yo! It has been an interesting and crazy week. I hate long distance relationships can I just say that? Even if I do get to see B on the weekends it’s still hard, and I get frustrated easily. It’s like let’s throw everything at your way and see if you can handle it ok? Rude. Anyway, I did have awkward and awesome moments which make me appreciate life when it’s hard! So away we go:
Awkward:
  • If you haven’t guessed by now I work with some interesting people. I know all people can say that , but I feel like I have an abnormal amount in my workplace. For instance – people at our work LOVE to run on the greenbelt during lunch. Which is just great, but wearing this all spandex outfit while running out the door is weird; furthermore, after you get running you come back into the office and lay down on the couch while you are all sweaty is just an entirely different game. I tried to avoid eye contact at all costs. Sick.
  • When we were stopped on the freeway for 3 hours on our way home to Rexburg this past weekend I got reaffirmed why I think most truck drivers are creepy. Telling us to run down a firefighter because the fire is getting too close was pretty funny. Especially because well we can see the fire and well the HUGE blaze across the road I’m sure take precedent.
  • Someone calling me uneducated. Wow, really?! Out of all the insults you could have said you called me that? Comical.
  • A week ago I was running in the nature park behind my house. I see the most interesting things there because a lot of college kids haven’t really discovered it yet, so that is sort of a good thing, anyway, I saw a lady walking her two pet ferrets. They had collars and leashes. She was talking to them, and then asked them if they would like to go down the slide. Yes, and then she took them down the slide, cheered at the end, and then lifted them both in the air. I was laughing OUT loud.
  • The nightmares I keep having about my wedding dress. Ugh, they are scary!
Awesome:
  • My fiancé sending me Jimmy Johns for dinner when he knows I have to work late and I am super hungry. I love surprises!
  • Spending time with my family. I love them. They each bring a little bit of fun to the table and more importantly B fits right in.
  • Scotch and sodas from Boys Better Burger. You haven’t lived until you have one!
  • Getting to spend an evening in Boise with B, it was so fun, and we even found him a suit for the wedding. YES!
  • The Summer Solstice
  • That B works hard, he actually cleaned my mom’s kitchen and helped my dad most of the day in the yard. Impressed.
  • Realizing that life is hard sometimes, and we lose faith in our decisions and path, but in the end if we hold onto what we know is right then it will all work out. It is all about enduring!
  • Our ward float trip this weekend. I’m so excited to kick off summer. The best summer ever…
  • The new additions to our family. They are both so precious and I can’t wait to spend more time with them.
  • 8 weeks until I’m married!

No comments: