Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day Weekend Adventures!

Oh my weekend was amazing. So much fun, and always an adventure! I took lots of pictures so I'll let them tell the story!
We arrived in Twin Falls to pick up B. He had been selling all day so he was a happy to see smiling faces! Here we are heading back to the apartment and he we waving his sign around! He had Mariah and I laughing pretty good!
Naturally we stopped at Sonic for a quick bite, and what do we have here but a family of Cherry Limeades!
As soon as we got into town Hyrum and Emma came over so we could see precious Grace. First, she is so tiny, so little, I was afraid I would break her. Second, little girl clothes are so cute. She has so many cute little dresses she's like a little doll. I can't wait to watch her grow up into this cute little princess!
HA! I absolutely am in love with this picture. Here is my love holding our little Buddha of the family. Reece is beyond chunky, but who doesn't love a chunky baby? He looks just like Austin did too!
One of B's hidden talents is that he can cut hair really well. His grandpa taught him how and so he's really great at it. So why not use those skills to trim up Eddie? Eddie was a good puppy and sat there the entire time while B made him look like a little lion. A nice summer cut!
Here is my fab fiance experiencing the Parma Pool. The highlight of my summers when I was little and also a former employer. He had all the hooligan children laughing and clapping as he made the biggest cannonball EVER off the diving board. I love these glasses, he looks extremely cool in them! (Plus I can check out my hair when talking to him)
This summer my sister Maddie is working as a lifeguard at the Parma Pool so Liam spends most days there. Here is his cuddling up to Maddie and Mariah. They had a lot of fun playing with him. He's a super cute little boy!
B took the ever amazing scooter up to the pool and then drove it to Apple Lucy's for some lunch and scotch and sodas! Mariah was laughing the entire time he was driving it and had to capture this picture of him getting off of it. I find scooters very manly! Not to mention when Mariah drove it home she about crashed it and honked at every person walking.
I'm so happy we got to spend Father's Day with my father. I'm also so grateful for my brothers and B who are all amazing fathers. They all do so much for me, and I love them for their sacrafice and hard work. We had a BBQ that was so amazing. Hamburgers, corn on the cob, grilled pineapple (that was amazing), potato salad, jello and of course watermelon. This picture of Liam makes me so happy. It's the joy of summer in one picture. Watermelon on a hot day! Not to mention that boy is eating half of a watermelon!
We were a little late leaving from Parma. Just because we were having too much fun and didn't want to head back to real life. Anyway, we were about 30 minutes outside of Boise, almost to Mountain Home when we came to a complete stop. There was a huge wild fire and it was right on the freeway. At first it looked like we might be able to just drive slowly through the fire, but then they stopped us. We were 5 cars from the beginning. Ugh. We sat there for about 2 hours before making it to Twin Falls. Good thing B lives there for the summer. So we crashed in his apartment, then we got up at 5:00 this morning to make it to work and class. The following pictures are of our adventure! The best part though was that towards the end Mariah and B had to pee really bad, Mariah almost resorted to asking the RV a couple cars back if she could use their bathroom. HA!
It was SO windy!
This was fire fighter Bob. If you know B he makes friends with anybody. He became fast friends with Bob. Bob single handily put out this median fire with his boots. I was impressed, but also relieved. I could have taken off and we would have been right in the middle of it. The trucker behind us kept yelling at us to put the fire out. With what? My little water bottle?!
5 minutes earlier and we would have been home free...
Happy Father's Day! Spent on the freeway, but thanks to modern technology his kids still got to Skype him and talk to him. Thank you iPhone!
Oh Bob you know so much!
These crazy kids are sure funny!
When we saw how bad it got we knew we would be there for awhile!
Here we are!
This is Mariah's video. Just to warn you there are some inappropriate jokes just in case you get offended. It's pretty funny though!
These two kids being well, crazy.
I had a great weekend. I feel like we got a lot accomplished too with the wedding planning. Hyrum's yard is going to look amazing! We even found B a suit, so I can stop freaking out so much. The wedding is less than two months away. Pretty crazy! I am so excited though! Happy Father's Day!!

No comments: