Monday, July 30, 2012

Family Reunion!

Remember how July is like the craziest month ever?! Yeah I just remembered when I looked at my calendar and read that is was July 30th! What the heck? Where did this month go? We did a lot of fun things this week and weekend, and I tried to document what I could.

First thing we accomplished was our bridal pictures. I was super nervous just because my dress wasn't completely done, and I didn't even know how I was going to do my hair. I'm just not good with winging things, but in the end it ended up great. My dress is even better than I imagined. It is perfect. I love it. Our photographer was super nice and made me feel really comfortable so I didn't have to worry too much. I'm so glad we got that out of the way, so now I know how I want to exactly do my hair, what I need to prep for (being in that dress all day long). I'm so excited to see the final product, the best part being at the end of the shoot we were just getting some final shots and the sprinklers came on. If you think you can't run in a wedding dress you are wrong, it was pretty funny. I had a lot of fun, and it made getting married even more real! I will post the pictures when we get them, no worries!

We are still in the process of car shopping and it's getting really frustrating, I found a car I really loved, and B did too for a good price but we were 2 hours too late and didn't get it. So now we are still shopping, it would be fine if B lived in Rexburg, but he doesn't so for now we are trying to figure a way to get our car situation figured out. Add it to the pile of stresses right?

Wednesday we headed up to the cabin to see the rest of the family and to participate in the evening festivities. We did skits and laughed and ate.We even had time to take pictures! Grandma gave every grand kid $100! AWESOME! Talk about a great surprise!
Here we are... minus just a couple!
We are silly!
Thursday I still had to work but B was able to get the kids. We always get a little nervous before seeing them, well more like anxious because even though we talk to them regularly it's exciting to spend time with them. They are so funny, and so cute. Tajia is getting so big, and has the most beautiful skin! Parker is a big 4 year old (when I mean big I mean 62 pounds big) and pretty much a little B. He's so funny! We headed up to Jackson Hole that night to see the Bar J Wranglers. It was a lot of fun, I want to take my family. Great food, and good laughs.
The next morning we headed out to float the river and it was a little chilly at first but ended up being a lot of fun. There were a couple rapids (ok not really rapids, minor flows of water) and we had a great time. I love summertime! That night we had a volleyball tournament to which we won (ha)! Then I got to know some more of B's family which was really great. He has some great relatives and I'm so excited to be a part of their awesome family. It was also great to get some one on one time with B, we've been busy all week and I needed it.
Parker likes to ask a lot of questions, I captured his confused face and I love it!
Saturday it was time to pack up and get on the road. We made a stop at Twin Bridges. Which of course was my hang out during college only to find out B's family OWNS that bridge and land. What the? I love that place! It was fun to play and swim and then we had lunch and hung out some more. By that time, people started leaving one by one. Sad. I hate saying goodbye. We took the kids out to eat and then came home and played in the yard and watched some Olympics. It was sad to say goodbye to the kids the next day, we always miss them when they have to go. We will see them soon though, because the wedding is approaching fast!!

No comments: