Monday, March 8, 2010

Good Friends

I’ve had a crazy weekend, and of course with drama. Actually it’s drama that doesn’t involve me, just those I care about. I’ve come to realize how important real / true friends are. Good friends won’t make you feel worse about yourself, but actually build you up. Make you want to be a better person.  Last night there was a CES Fireside that talked about this exact thing, it was so what I needed to hear as well as a couple of my troubled friends! You also know that a true friend will let you have your bad moments but forgive you anyway. It’s hard to tell someone things like that. Or worse yet, how do you confront that person who is so wretched to your other friends? I used to think this person was my friend, until they realized it was no longer convenient to be nice to me. It’s even worse when you see someone who you love go through and be treated the exactly same way I was treated. You’re too good for that I want to yell, don’t you see how great you are? But a year ago I was the same, all sorts of people were screaming that exact phrase to me. Savanna, don’t you see you don’t deserve this? But alas, you have to learn it for yourself! So I’ll try to be that good friend that’s supportive and more importantly loving.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hey Savanna, I found your blog off facebook and hope you didn't mind that I looked at. Thanks so much for the post. The CES Fireside was just amazing and what I needed to hear and be reassured of. I am struggling with a friendship right now and doing my best to stay positive, but your post helped. Thanks again. You are great!