Monday, March 15, 2010

Service with a Smile

I had a busy weekend, which is good for me. Friday night a bunch of people from my ward had a pj party accompanied with cold cereal and Saturday morning cartoons from our childhood AND I might have snuck in some Saved by the Bell. After all, it’s my favorite childhood show! We watched a couple episodes, and it was fun! Saturday I had the great experience to help plan and take care of a funeral for my bishop’s brother. Since his brother wanted to be buried in Rexburg, the bishop presided over it in his home ward which is our single’s ward. I’ve only been Relief Society President for a little over a month and so when he approached me to help with the funeral I thought, oh wow, how am I going to do this? To add to that, it was for 200 people. Yowzers! I have such a great group of girls, and amazing counselors so we were able to have adequate food and help all day Saturday. I really loved just serving my bishop, what a great opportunity for me and for our ward! Since I had been on my feet for 6 hours I went straight home and put on my pj’s and watched a Lifetime movie! HA! Yesterday Jenn and Hyrum came over, and I always love when they do, we watched Minute to Win It! It’s my new favorite game show, and I aspire to someday be a contestant! You can go here and learn more about the games they play. I’m excited for this week because it’s my brother Hyrum’s birthday on Tuesday. I sure do love this kid, and I can’t wait to celebrate it with him!

3 comments:

Keesha n David Brown said...

Congrats on being R.S. president. That's a LOT of hard work! I bet you are awesome!

Garret and Jenny Preece said...

Good for you for accepting that calling! I think I might of said no simply because i don't think i have enough patience for people.

Savanna said...

Don't worry Jenny, I don't have ANY patience either!! :)