Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hare Krishna

It has taken me awhile to report on my trip to Utah, but I figured I better get it done or I would forget all the good details. Hyrum, Jenn, and I traveled down to Utah this weekend to participate in the Holi Festival of Colors. I’ve always wanted to do it, and I convinced Jenn and Hyrum to come with me. My family also spent their spring break in Utah too so my little sisters Maddie and Mariah came with us. Friday night we went straight to our hotel where we met up with my brother Austin, Kenzie and baby Liam. I love them all, but especially the baby! So we took him swimming…
Baby Liam Swimming - Look at him kicking his cute little legs



















The next morning we got up and headed out to Spanish Fork, UT to catch a bus to the Krishna Temple. This is where the Festival is held every year. It’s a festival to celebrate Spring, peace, and burning of the witch (which I didn’t get a picture of dangit!). Anyway, thousands of people now attend and it’s a festival in which you throw packets of color in the air. The color is just scented corn starch, but don’t get me wrong your clothes will be ruined! We also had to wear bandanas over our mouth so you wouldn't breath in the dust. As soon as the color was thrown it looked like an We went with some other people from Parma and seriously had so much fun. I’m glad that my sisters were there too! Before you throw the colors you chant a prayer ending with Hire Krishna! I loved it, and loved spending time with my family and Jenn!
The crowd right before the colors were thrown!
Ok and one more of Baby Liam getting ready for a nap!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

That's cool, I was wondering what those pictures were from on facebook. Good to have an explanation. Have you ever seen the Hare Krishna song and dance(or whatever they call it) in person? Pretty crazy, we even got a little book one time from those folks in Santa Monica. Fun times! And Liam is adorable, so fun to be an aunt!

Kimmy said...

How fun! I lived in Provo how many years and never went? Looks like I need to go back and experience it next year. Baby Liam is a doll! So cute!