Monday, January 10, 2011

Be Who You Are and Love It!

The singles life is always so crazy. One minute you are a loser and the next you have a gaggle of friends (I know gaggle is a fun word). Wait; let's start back at square one with my roommates, Molli and Monica. I really didn't know them all that well when I moved in, I knew that they were awesome but I really didn't KNOW them. Having them as roommates was the best decision I ever made, it was hard to leave Sarah but we both needed change, and I'm glad I patiently waited until I could have a chance to have these lovely ladies as roommates. Anyway, lately I've acquired new friends (and became good friends with my roommates) and it's crazy how much I learn in such a short time from all of them. I'm pretty sure the big guy upstairs knows exactly who I need in my life to help with trials and challenges, and what a blessing that is. So my a-ha moment happened last night when we were talking about our inadequacies, and I just thought, that's it, that's what it's all about. Working through those weaknesses as best as I can, and doing it while trying to do what's right and being happy that's what it's all about. Having confidence and faith to know that I'm trying my best and doing what the Lord wants is how I'm going to make it. Then I used my favorite quote, and suggested it be a mantra Be Who You Are and Love it… Stop trying to measure yourself to others, or thinking because not everything has turned out exactly as you would have it be, doesn't mean it's the end of everything. Heavenly Father knows all and I'm willing to bet he knows what he is doing! Oh life, thank you for continually teaching me life lessons.