Monday, January 17, 2011

Snow Removal

I've lived in Rexburg for most of my adult life, and really I'm used to the winters. It's cold, miserable, and well you just deal with it because the summers are so unbelievably amazing. I've lived in places where I don't have to worry about snow removal, its just taken care of. Now I live in a house, and well we are in charge of our own removal. WORST. IDEA. EVER. Ugh, seriously we have boys who live underneath us and they do a great job at making sure the sidewalk is clear and our stairs are clear bless their hearts, but they all drive 4-wheel drive trucks, and my Diamante isn't. So the snow falls and you know whatever we clear it, but this week/weekend we got dumped on. The worst part, it's a mixture between rain and snow, so the snow is really heavy and wet. It doesn't help that the snow plow moved all of the snow into our driveway. Anyway, Friday night I stayed home to study for my Praxis test (ugh do NOT want to discuss that), and needed a break. Well my roommate Monica is from California so she drives and SUV but it doesn't have 4-wheel drive (so pretty much a pointless vehicle in the winter), and she got stuck in our driveway. So I put my boots on and coat and head out to push/dig her out of the snow. It takes a while, a good long while and so we decide to shovel the driveway, because it's just getting ridiculous! Let's just say, that we shoveled that driveway until we couldn't shovel anymore. I was beginning to loathe the snow and also appreciate all the men out there who go out and shovel, bless their hearts. So we shoveled our little hearts out and taught Monica how to build a snowman. The worst part about this whole thing, the next day it just snowed some more, or our efforts were pretty much pointless. Awesome. The best thing about the whole ordeal, knowing men who will do the work for you (or assist you) or at least help you get OUT of your driveway. Maybe chivalry isn't completely dead? Oh Rexburg, when we will see your green grass, I'm predicting June 15th this year!

Molli got us this adorable hats for Christmas, her mom made them. They are super fun!
Monica trying to dig her Explorer out!
This is my car, and its cute little spot where it fits in, my door opens but barely! This is not a fun walk unless you have boots on!
Here I am contributing to the cause, but mostly just posing!

Molli trying to make some sort of pathway to our cars, as you can see the snow is pretty dang high!


No comments: