Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Life Changes!

My New Year's was excellent. I usually despise such a holiday because well I don't drink, and I don't have a significant other, so I just sit around with others who are like me we play some games then go home. Uneventful. This year it was pretty much the same thing, but I laughed a lot more than usual and I didn't go to sleep until 5:30 a.m. So I would say I "partied" hard. I made Emma (Hyrum's girlfriend) come with me since she was in town and all by herself. Who wants to spend New Year's that way? We had a good time, and seriously I enjoyed sleeping in the next day (even if I did feel hung over for most of the afternoon).

I also finished my first book of 2011. Only 51 to go! At this rate though, it's going to be a tough challenge to read one book per week!

I've also been thinking about teaching a lot. It was 4 years ago (OH WOW that long ago?) that I made my way to Vegas to start student teaching. I've never been so nervous or scared in my entire life. Granted there were some weeks I didn't think I would make it, but by the end I knew that teaching was what I was born to do. I grew so attached to my students in my short 3 months there. So my goal for 2011, to get back into the classroom! It's going to be a hard and tough journey, but it's what I was born to do, and I know that it's time for me to jump head first into it. Will I be nervous and scared? Oh yeah, but sometimes the most rewarding and best things take effort and perseverance! So first step in my journey is taking my Praxis test for my minor next Saturday. It's my last hurdle before I can certify and start applying…. Eek!