Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Pictures and Memorial Day

I can't believe it's Memorial Day already! I mean that is the unofficial kick-off to summer. Usually my Memorial day is a lot more eventful, but this year it was quiet and peaceful, and spent with my B and it was most delightful. It was rainy and cold for most of it, which I'm so sick of, but we did get some things accomplished!

Friday night I spent with the gals from work. It was so nice to just go out to dinner and spend time with them, and just well talk. These girls I work with have become my best friends and they've been with me through everything! I'm so blessed to work with some awesome people! We went to the mall, but honestly I wasn't in the mood to shop (who am I?)!

Saturday I just wanted to lay in bed and just relax. This past week was rough (understatement of the year), so I read my book and watched Hulu and talked to B because he was driving back up to Rexburg. When he got here, it was just so good to see him. I'm so glad he's only in Twin Falls for the summer and I can see him every weekend, because honestly it's hard, but he's loving his job so that's always a plus.

Sunday we went to church and took engagement pictures. My sister Mariah is taking them and she did a great job, we haven't finishing them completely because well the wind and rain were horrid and my hair did not withstand the elements, but we still got a couple of great shots:
 This is a favorite, and totally candid, and the first shot of the day...
 
 Another candid shot, just making out in the alley way like every other person in Rexburg, haha!
I totally love this picture, even though I totally thought I wouldn't (because I always feel dumb not smiling)...

I love that my sister is able to take them because she knows what I like and what I don't. B and I had a great time though, and surprising a lot of pictures she captured we were just messing around and they look great. So more to come for sure!

Sunday night we went back to the house and B pulled out some old pictures, mostly mission pictures but still it was great to see them. I found this baseball picture amongst other things. I laugh every time I see this picture because I love his little mustache and at the ripe old age of 15 I know he thought he was pretty cool, and of course the all-star! He's just so cute!
Monday morning B made me breakfast and we just watched TV and then decided we better do something so headed up to Rexburg to fix up our yard and weed the garden. We also decided to have a BBQ, snocones, and then B took me to the Zac Efron movie "The Lucky One". Is Zac hot? Yes. Is it the best movie ever? Eh. It won't make you cry, I promise. We actually kept laughing because there was this old couple behind us and he could barely hear so his wife had to keep repeating the movie back to him. He even burped a couple of times and we were laughing pretty good.

This weekend our good friend Anthony got engaged to B's cousin Dani. So we were pretty excited about that. They are getting married a month earlier than us (I'm totally jealous)! So that means that I get to move into our house this weekend instead of in August. I'm nervous moving my stuff in and living in a house by myself, but I'm also excited to start decorating and making it our home. Pictures to come I promise. This weekend is going to be crazy, I only have 83 days until I'm married. Ok I have a TON to do still!

1 comment:

Elliot and Traci said...

Stumbled across your blog. Very cute pictuers and CONGRATS!!! I'm so excited for you!