Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Good Book

Sorry, I've been neglecting my blog for a couple of days considering I'm still doing my "25 Days of Thanksgiving"… so I skipped a couple of days…sorry! Today I'm thankful that 1. I can read, and 2. For books that let me escape into a different time and world. This year I set a goal to read 50 Books in 2010. I'm currently finishing #40. That means I have little over a month to finish 10 books. EEK, I HAVE TO GET ON IT! So right now, I'm listening to one and reading another (not at the same time mind you). Since I still have to keep a job, I listen to my books during the day and read the other at night. I do not get the stories confused MOST of the time. That is the problem with a good book though, once you are in, it's hard to put down. I am halfway through Mockingjay and I HAD to put it down to go to sleep last night. Good thing I have it on audio also, so that should be done by the end of the day. That's what I love about a good book, it lets your imagination flourish, and transports you into a world where you are the one calling the shots. I'm just so grateful that I was blessed to grow up in a country that believes in educating its youth, and that gives me an opportunity to learn and grow through books. Granted through college I didn't enjoy two-thirds of the books I read, but I did learn. One day whilst traveling home (my reflection time), I thought, what if I couldn't read? Do you know how much your life depends on literacy? It's NUTS! Anyway, I'm thankful for my education, and my degree which I hold precious to my soul. Here's to the last month and finishing 10 books. Don't worry I'll be listing them all in different post, WHEN I complete my goal.

1 comment:

monica said...

i am about 30 pages into Mockingjay! i need to know what happens!