Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My Mom


It's hard to describe everything that my mom does for me that makes me thankful to have her in my life. I mean seriously, how do you express your gratitude to someone who gave birth to you? Here are some of my most favorite things I love about my mom, and that's why I'm so thankful for her.
  1. The first time I really opened up to her and told her my problems, she just sat there and listened to me for hours, granted I was in Middle School and everything was so dramatic, but since then I've just told her everything (ok ALMOST everything).
  2. She always has made the holidays so special for our family. Christmas is hardcore in our family and it's because of her. I do love that Christmas is an important part of our many traditions.
  3. Any meal my mom makes is good. Her Chocolate Mallow cake is to DIE FOR!
  4. No matter how busy she was, she made time to go to all of my events. When I was a senior in high school she had three kids in three different sports and still managed to make it to every one of my games.
  5. She was my Laurel teacher whilst I was in high school, she gave some of the best lessons and I even remember a lot of them. She's that good, her testimony has never wavered.
  6. Because of my mom, I think I'm pretty well rounded. I love to dance, sing, and play the piano. I love the arts, and she always made sure we could have a good time!
  7. She's pretty funny, and you'll always know her opinions (which I inherited both of… HA!)
  8. She gave me my dark hair and dark skin. Thank you kindly!
  9. Most importantly, she taught me to be a good and honest person. Have confidence in who you are and what you believe, and that has taken me so far in life. Don't be a wilting flower! I have confidence because of her.
There are so many more things my mom has done for me that make me often think, wow, I'm so blessed to have such an amazing women to bring me into the world and raise me. Thanks mom (and I'll say thanks now for the Thanksgiving dinner you'll be making!)

4 comments:

Becky Clinton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky Clinton said...

Ahh, such a sweet tribute! We all love your momma, too.

Jenn said...

Not gunna lie--I got a little teary eyed! Love the Gratidude :)

julieb1 said...

Wow you make me sound like a saint, you had better list all my faults too. I love you my first born child.