Monday, February 14, 2011

Easy Cookin’ with Hometeacher!

This weekend was really fun, but really low key, and I loved that. This weekend I just enjoyed spending time with my friends, I really have gotten to know some amazing people! Anyway, on Friday Ashley fed me some amazing enchiladas and then I needed a vacuum cleaner, and since Matt (aka Hometeacher) is her neighbor, we just decided to pop on over. He's one funny kid that's for sure. He hadn't eaten yet so we were introduced to the cooking show "Easy Cookin' with Hometeacher". He made a fried eye sandwich with 3 eggs, bread, some hot sauce, and of course his Ginger Beer straight from Australia. He even cleaned up his mess, what a good kid. Then we went around Rexburg, and to Wal-mart to find me a vacuum. Matt and Ashley were great help, and I picked one within budget and a lot of power! Since we looked at vacuum cleaners we had to look at guns, just so Matt could feel manly. After Wal-Mart we went to Dairy Queen where Matt told us a great many stories of his childhood that had us laughing for a while. We decided to needed to make this a weekly ritual since you know we had so much fun.
Matt's gourmet meal. Next week he'll teach us the art of cold cereal!
Saturday I slept most of the day, seriously though, I needed it. Plus I'm an adult and do what I want, that's why I love Friday, I can stay up all night if I want!! Saturday night we played an intense game of volleyball, and I loved it. Its crazy how many people are looking for a something to do on Saturday night at the BYU-I Center. We met several new people, but mostly a new kid named Ryan, who was the fastest volleyball player I've ever seen! I'm still sore, we played for close to 3 hours, and well I thoroughly enjoyed myself. We then went to Millhallow because half of us were hungry and half of us wanted frozen yogurt. I then remembered we needed things for Sunday dinner so late night run to Broulims is always interesting, then we stopped by B's just in time to watch Harry and the Henderson's. B claims this is the funniest movie ever, I mostly just laughed because well it's about Bigfoot. Oh laws!
Sunday was great. A lot of meetings per usual, but that's expected. I gave a short impromptu talk (sort of), and then dinner and a fireside with Elder Hammond, and then back for our weekly game night. One of our new favorite games has become Truth or Truth. I invented this game back when we were camping one summer before our big annual raft trip. Mackenzie was in our tent (mind you this is before she married Austin), and I wanted the dirt. So of course instead of just asking her straight out, I made a game of it. Needless to say, it works every time. When I taught my crew this game at first they were like, Savanna you are crazy, but now, especially when someone wants to know something, it's starts out as Truth or Truth. Also, can I just add that I love my ward. It has been an up and down struggle for me, but seriously as of late I just love being with these amazing people who are so funny but also just good wholeseom people. Oh and Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I love Truth or Truth! What a fun summer that was :) I can't believe how long ago it was though. Love it. Happy Valentines Day! Love you :)