Wednesday, February 9, 2011

You Don't Owe Me

Even after all this time the sun never says to the earth, "you owe me." Look what happens with a love like that, it lights the whole sky...

I saw this quote on a friend's status on Facebook and for some reason it will not leave my mind. I was even in bed checking my Facebook (I know, got nothing else to do), I had to jump up and grab my journal to write it down. I think it's just so perfect. It's so easy to be the selfish one, in any relationship, to go into thinking how can this benefit me? What can you do for me? I've learned so much lately about love, and no I'm not in love with anyone. Just the love that people show me, the ones who love me the most expect nothing in return. I think that's why when you find that it does give life a whole new meaning, and lights up your life. Whether you find the someone who you've been waiting your whole life to find, and now your heart isn't big enough to fill all the love you have, a best friend who loves you no matter how many times you tell her the same problem over and over again, giving a good hug when you are sad, or telling an inside joke just to make you laugh, it's amazing. As sappy as I sound right now, love is really what makes the world go round and gives light to everything it touches.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Couldn't have said it better myself! I love love!

Meliss said...

Thanks for this! I need it today!!!