Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hello Best Friend!

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love to shop. Seriously, it's my call and duty in life. I would rather shop in real life but you know internet works too. I love to shop for many things, clothes, shoes, parties, etc… but today I'm obsessed with finding my new spring purse. Yes, that's right, I'm one of "those" girls. That girl who spends some money on that extra accessory no one thinks about, I mean I love purses. You should see my collection! Granted it's just been recently (within the last couple of years), that I actually started buying quality purses, before it was just Target or whatever brand (and I still do buy from there but rarely). So I'm in love with the following purses:
I love the Poppy collection with Coach too!
or this Dooney found here.
I love this Coach bag!
One day I'll own a Hermes Birkin bag… ok so that will probably never happen but it's a good goal. I mean seriously Nicole Kidman had to be on a waiting list, they make like 3 a year, and they cost more than a car, so hey! Good goal right?! Seriously though, if you want me to fall in love with you buy me a purse (and it doesn't have to be expensive, just cute), or you know talk to me about them at least. Happy purse hunting!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

LOVE them both but especially digging the dooney! the Purple is so fresh. I need to get me a new purse to celebrate spring as well. Probably not an expensive one but it's still fun, right?!

Becky Clinton said...

OK. I can relate to this post. But in a very different way. I'm not a big shopper - know what I want, where to get it, in, out, done. The bags are a different issue all together.

I have a love/hate relationship with bags. I'll pick one up, use it for a week and hate it!! Occasionally I'll pick up a winner, and if that is the case I will carry it for years because, you know, the next one I buy might be a big loser.

Currently I am wearing Vera Bradley. It's huge, an obnoxious pink/red/yellow, but it works. It's a keeper. I picked it up before a flight to the states last May and it was the perfect carry-on. Lots of pockets, lots of cargo space. It's my gym bag, my church bag, my shopping bag, and while it looks great for spring/summer (and even matches my Birkenstocks) it is totally obnoxious for winter. I mean really - with a full-length German wool coat? Bad, really bad.

It is probably one of the more expensive bags I've picked out, at $80. And that is probably the reason for the hate in my love/hate bag relationship. I go for the cheap. Don't get me wrong, some of my favorite bags have been very inexpensive ($7!!).

My wallet. Now there is a story. It's a Sac, bought it right before the trip to the "water slide" reunion. Was that in 2000? And it is still in great condition. Wish I'd bought a Sac bag to go with it.